GM Arts Overdrive sound samples?

Started by neil411, February 07, 2008, 11:22:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neil411

Hi,

Anyone have any sound samples of the GM Arts Overdrive pedal?

Thanks.

aron

I built the earlier version and it was good. I don't think I have it or any sound samples though :-(

neil411

Thanks Aron,

I saw your note about his distortion being very good on your links page. But I can't find much else anywhere. Someone was kind to enough to post a link to a PCB layout for Paul Marossy recently, but no sound samples or much discussion other than that.

Have you built the Blues Breaker? Can you compare it to that?

Thanks again,

John Lyons

I have not built the GM arts circuit (yet) but I would imagine it sounds like a cross between an Tube Screamer and an MXR Distortion + or Proco Rat.
The Bluesbreaker has more clean gain/volume than a TS but they share some similarity.
The GM arts circuit would seem to have a good mix of soft and hard clipping characteristics, which are also selectable making it very versatile.

Hope this helps.

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

neil411

John,

Thanks, it does help.

I like the idea of the hard/soft clipping switch that the GMA OD circuit has. And Aron's positive mention of it also piqued my interest. But the lack of any other info makes me a little nervous.

So many other pedals get a lot of mention here on the forum, and have RTS PCBs available, sound clips, etc. The GMA OD seems to have missed the band wagon somehow. Makes me wonder why.

I may build it only because I have most of the parts in stock. If I don't like it, I can probably sell it to Aron...

Thanks,

zeta55

I once built it, a nice circuit, but it ws some time ago.
Check out this thread http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=62688.0 for a layout I made of it. I don't know if Paul ever built it on the layout I posted.
Let me know if the links are not working.

/Krister
Visit my site: http://www.zeta-sound.se/

neil411

Thanks,

Yeah, that was the thread I mentioned earlier.  Already downloaded the layout  ;)

I have a feeling I'm gonna go for it. I still have a couple empty slots on the pedalboard I had to build to house all the new DIY pedals I have. I already had one board full of retail pedals.

But I have be careful... If I build a third pedalboard, I think my wife will kick me out of the big bed.

gnognofasciani

You can find a complete project for the GM Arts overdrive in the eagle website (cadsoft.de), here it is:

ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/eagle/userfiles/projects/overdrive.zip
Search button is your friend

zeta55

QuoteBut I have be careful... If I build a third pedalboard, I think my wife will kick me out of the big bed.

Oh, your still sleeping in the big bed :o

Im 10 pedals away from it :icon_lol:

/Krister
Visit my site: http://www.zeta-sound.se/

neil411

gnognofasciani - Thanks that's helpful too.

Krister - actually I'm at least six guitars past my limit. That's one reason I switched to DIY pedals - packages from Mouser are a lot smaller and easier to hide than guitars and amps.

And the fact that I have built half a dozen pedals that I always wanted for the price of one new good retail pedal ain't bad either.

Thanks,

oldrocker

The Omni Drive by John Hollis is a cool project too.  Many swiches on that one.