4ms custom finished - methods used?

Started by kissack101, January 08, 2010, 08:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kissack101

Hey,

It's been a while since I've been to this forum - used to be a daily browser when I was in bands and playing guitar evvery day. It's been a couple of years since that was the case but with the new year comes new enthusiasm and I've decided to finish off a couple of old projects!

Anyway, my question is this: I'm trying to figure out how 4ms get such cool finished to their custom pedals, does anyone know what methods/tricks they use? I've tried numerous different paints, varnishes (including Gliston PC which dries rock hard, though not before it smears whatever paint job you spent ages on all over your pedal) etc over the years, I've never been able to get anything like they acheive though?

I appreciate it must be an often-covered topic so I'll keep searching, if someone could point me in the right direction though that would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Adam

Taylor

Have you asked Dann Green how they did the particular finishes you like? He's usually very generous with his knowledge to the DIYers.

Or, could you post a link to a specific finish you like? They do all kinds of things, from spray paint to photo graphics, so it's all different.