If I told you how to build this fuzz....

Started by Dragonfly, February 20, 2008, 11:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonfly

...from Radio Shack parts, would you be interested ?

Its a easy to build fuzz that sounds, IMO, really freakin' good.

(Everything except the footswitch comes from Radio Shack !)

Just one of those things where if I'm going to take the time to write up the tutorial, complete with schematic, parts list, layout, pictures, etc...I want some people to build it, you know ? :)

SOUND SAMPLE OF RADIO SHACK FUZZ

???

kjc

gutsofgold

For some reason when the fuzz kicked on I immediately thought of black sabbath  :icon_eek:. And because of that you can count me interested!

stumper1

Guess I gotta start somewhere :icon_biggrin:  Every time I hear your Fuzz clips I want to build one.  Then I remember the 8 or 9 different fuzzes I built and tweaked and hated.....   Usually I just come to the conclusion that I'm just not a Fuzz guy - even though I hear clips of other players that sound fantastic.

Must be time to try again. 8)
DericĀ®

zachomega

So when are you posting the schematic?  :D

-Zach

km-r

+1 black sabbath!

im interested! this aint gonna be a huge build, is it?
Look at it this way- everyone rags on air guitar here because everyone can play guitar.  If we were on a lawn mower forum, air guitar would be okay and they would ridicule air mowing.

burnt fingers

I think it would be a great idea if nothing else because then anyone who wants to get into this could go get the parts from a local rat shack to at least build somehting.

I know it's a little frustrating if you want to try this but don't know if you'll be any good or like it to have to order parts online.

I think a lot of people would dig it if there was a tutorial like the beginner project that they could go right to radio shack, get the parts, and build the same day.

Scott
Rock and Roll does not take a vacation!!

www.rockguitarlife.com
My Music

Alex C

Quote from: burnt fingers on February 21, 2008, 12:12:46 AMI think a lot of people would dig it if there was a tutorial like the beginner project that they could go right to radio shack, get the parts, and build the same day.

There is!  The Tweak-O was my first build.

culturejam

Like a Texas Hold 'Em degenerate gambler, I'm *all in*.  ;D

Whether perf or one of those Radio Shack "pcb" prototype boards, I will definitely build one.

And assuming that the parts count is reasonably low, I'll take a stab at a PCB layout.

Once again, thanks for sharing.  :)

culturejam

Quote from: Dragonfly on February 20, 2008, 11:08:39 PM
(Everything except the footswitch comes from Radio Shack !)

If you provide a wiring diagram for a DPDT with no LED, then folks could use a Radio Shack-available toggle switch instead of a stomp switch to build it.

MasaRGR

Everytime I'm about ready to order parts for one of your fuzzes... you come out with another design that I like more than the previous one lol.

Oh, and yes, please  8)

ambulancevoice

Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

~arph

Quote from: Dragonfly on February 20, 2008, 11:08:39 PM
...from Radio Shack parts, would you be interested ?
???

Nah, no radioshack in europe  ;) plus I'm breeding on a PWM controlled phaser for a couple of days now, no time for fuzz  :icon_eek:

greigoroth

+1 for the poor Europeans without Radioshack... but I say do it anyway - love your work Andy!
Built: GGG Green Ringer

Cardboard Tube Samurai

No Radioshack within 900km of my place either but you don't see me whinging... bloody poms  :icon_razz:

Now make with the schematic already Dragonfly!!!!

drewl

Nice work, sounds good.
Thick and fuzzy, not too bassy....good definition while playing chords.

Luckily the "RatShack" closest to me is one that carries alot of components and parts.

petemoore

I tried to order what they're not stocking now, and they said we can recieve payment, and give you a reciept [for the high priced parts] and have them shipped to your door  ???.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

~arph

Yeah, I'm still interested of course!

I breadboarded the VMF in front of an inductorless wah and it was really nice.
But the one fuzz I liked the most in your gallery was lacking a schematic.. :(

It's the.. eehh {searches} ....Hotfoot fuzz, only an mp3 on the mainpage, maybe you can enlighten us on that one too  ;D

drewl

Quote from: petemoore on February 21, 2008, 08:14:44 AM
  I tried to order what they're not stocking now, and they said we can recieve payment, and give you a reciept [for the high priced parts] and have them shipped to your door  ???.

I've ordered from them online and recieved my order promptly.
They have ALOT of things online that don't offer in the stores.