If I told you how to build this fuzz....

Started by Dragonfly, February 20, 2008, 11:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHarakiriEnd

Can someone please post a pic of their finished board. I have just found this site and there seems to be a wealth of knowledge here. Whenever I searched for a fuzz project I could make entirely from Radioshack parts it lead me to this site. I have tried this twice and it hasn't worked either time. I tried to use a switch other than the 3dpt. Do you think this could be my issue?  Like I said if anyone could post some pics I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Shea

hallenj

I'm proud to say that this was my very first pedal project.  I've wanted to try making a pedal for a long time.  Finally I saw this project and decided to give it a shot.  My friend and I worked on it for 4 hours one night.  When the moment of truth came, it didn't work!  The whole time we were building it I suspected something would have to go wrong and we'd never get it to work.  After staring at the non-working pedal for 30 minutes, I realized we forgot to put in the grounding resistor on the first transistor.  We soldered that on, and voila!  It works.

Thanks so much for the design!  My friend and I have the pedal bug now.  We're next going to try our hand at etching our own circuit boards and building some more advanced projects.

Jason

blooze_man

Wow this really sounds great. I had tried it months ago as one of my first attempts at a pedal and failed miserably. I sortof felt a tinge of guilt for never bothering to fix it (didn't help too much that I had no breadboard at the time) I hope to box it up soon.
Big Muff, Trotsky Drive, Little Angel, Valvecaster, Whisker Biscuit, Smash Drive, Green Ringer, Fuzz Face, Rangemaster, LPB1, Bazz Fuss/Buzz Box, Radioshack Fuzz, Blue Box, Fuzzrite, Tonepad Wah, EH Pulsar, NPN Tonebender, Torn's Peaker...

clamup1

love the fuzz thanks for the build. used 3904's first go round and then put in germs. like those better.

i believe someone said something about stacking transistors. how do you set this up. (pics would be best)

how do you get less overdrive. i have .1 uf in place of the 22uf and the .022 uf (dont have the right ones yet). the resistors are the same as the schem except for r1 which is a 270k. any help here would be appreciated.
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-11/1226934/RADIOSHACKFUZZLAYOUT.GIF
great fuzz and easy to build

thanks

TK

Hi,
I realize this thread is old, but it looks fun. Any ideas where the layout is?

Or am I just being daft?

TK