Your favorite distortion pedal, sounds like a marshall tone???

Started by fusionid, March 02, 2008, 03:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fusionid

thanks everyone for the great responses. I think this is turning to be a great thread
Lets first tell you what Im using for the marshall sound. I have an analogman DS-1 that I boost with a Zim VT card (a tube screamer clone) and get very convincing sounds. I also use a Zim H9 card (a very dist like Tube screamer version) and boost it with a treble booster at 1 o clock (mid boost for singles and treble for hums)  ;)

fusionid

anyways I forgot to add
I feel the a good tube screamer based distortion with a treble booster sounds more like old tapes marshall tones while the DS-1 analogman sound more like a modern marshall a bit more fuzzy, like more relying on preamp dist.

some thoughts anyways

MartyMart

As John said earlier, I would recommend ( highly ) that you build two effects.

BSIAB II - for that particular "sound" of EVH'esque tones ... and much more !

ROG Thor - For a good marshall sound without the "overdone" distortion of the
original ROG Thunderchief.
The Thor also sounds great with a Rangemaster boost up-front of it, also a TS-9 up-front too !

You will have a LOT of fun with these two and I guarantee that they will find a regular
place in your pedalboard :D

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

StephenGiles

"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

azrael

I have a topic similar to this. What would you guys say sounds like Slash's "Marshall tone"?

sevenisthenumber