LT1054 Charge Pump Q

Started by chrisaxeman, March 14, 2008, 07:15:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisaxeman

Hello Lads,

Have a quick Q about the 1054 charge pump.

Having made a couple of 9>18vdc pumps that I guess resulted in a 50ma max pump,does anyone know what the maximum current available from the 1054 in "bi-polar supply doubler" guise?

I built a Geofx Adjusticator/Adjusticator mixer pair that I'm running on +ve only 18volt with an LM833,but have got some Burr Brown OPA2134's that I'm consodering running on +/-18vdc.

There isn't really any indication in the PDF what the maximum current is.

I'm not sure how to attach the pdf here.

Chris.....
I have no idea what I'm doing,but I like the way it sounds!

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Not sure exactly what you are doing, but if you are using two LT1054, one for the neg and one for the +, I would say (looking at he data sheet) you can get 50mA + and - out.

chrisaxeman

Hi Paul,

The manufacturer's pdf has an example to get a bi-polar doubled supply from a single +ve input.

I'm not sure how to upload the pdf here though.

Cheers for the reply

Chris.....
I have no idea what I'm doing,but I like the way it sounds!

R.G.

Linear Technology has some neato datasheets and application notes.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Well, the general rule is this:
if you double the voltage, then you can get a bit less than half the input current out.
So if it is 9v going in, and you get +-9 out, that's 50mA out (half the 100mA max input).
If there exists a single chip arrangement that is 9v in and + -18V out, that's going to be 25mA.