Author Topic: "Dragonfly's Beginners Contest" entrants, please read !  (Read 6931 times)

Dragonfly

"Dragonfly's Beginners Contest" entrants, please read !
« on: March 20, 2008, 12:52:07 PM »
OK guys -

First, I want to congratulate you ALL on an awesome job. You all made great looking pedals, told great jokes, and hopefully learned a bit in the process. One thing that I know about this forum - I learn something new every day, and that's what keeps this hobby / obsession fun ! There is no way - let me repeat that - NO WAY - that I could have imagined anyones first/second/third projects looking as amazing as you guys' NPN Boosts - my early builds looked terrible in comparison ! You guys are the future...I hope you spread the happiness you get from this hobby to others. It is, IMO, not only important to "learn", but also to "teach", and share information.

Second, I want to thank the other forum members who donated prizes - without your generosity, this contest would have been fun, but not NEARLY as cool as it turned out. In no particular order - Joe Gagan, Mountainking, DryRoasted, Aron, and Stumper1...THANK YOU ! You guys are amazing, and it's people like you that make this all worthwhile.

Third, I want to thank these guys ...also, in no particular order, and by no means being a complete list : Gus, Aron, Mark Hammer, RG, Stephen Giles, the ROG crew, JD, Fransisco, Doug Hammond, Jack Orman, Joe Gagan, Pete Moore, Martin Lister, Brett Robinson, Mark M...I could keep going for a long time. Anyway, you guys have been the ones who have always been there to answer questions, help out, etc...never telling me how "stupid" my question was, and never making it seem like a "chore" to answer. Truly, from the bottom of my heart - thanks.

OK...on to the good stuff....

BECAUSE of the generosity from the aforementioned guys, I was able to put together not ONE prize pack, but FIVE ! You all win ! In addition to the initial multi-meter and the prizes donated, I picked up 3 more multi-meters and raided my parts boxes.... so in each prize pack you'll find transistors, jfets, mosfets, caps, resistors, wire, pots, etc, etc...4 of the 5 packs include multi-meters, and the 5th pack has an amazing custom painted enclosure donated by Stumper1 ! Seriously - this is AWESOME stuff ! All that, and I'm waiting for one more prize which should arrive any day ! As soon as that arrives, these will be sent out. I hope you guys enjoy your prizes, and more importantly, I hope you continue enjoying this hobby.

All my best,
  Andy

The French connection

Re: "Dragonfly's Beginners Contest" entrants, please read !
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 02:00:13 PM »
OK guys -

First, I want to congratulate you ALL on an awesome job.

I agree!

Second, I want to thank the other forum members who donated prizes - without your generosity, this contest would have been fun, but not NEARLY as cool as it turned out. In no particular order - Joe Gagan, Mountainking, DryRoasted, Aron, and Stumper1...THANK YOU ! You guys are amazing, and it's people like you that make this all worthwhile.

I agree again!

Third, I want to thank these guys ...also, in no particular order, and by no means being a complete list : Gus, Aron, Mark Hammer, RG, Stephen Giles, the ROG crew, JD, Fransisco, Doug Hammond, Jack Orman, Joe Gagan, Pete Moore, Martin Lister, Brett Robinson, Mark M...I could keep going for a long time. Anyway, you guys have been the ones who have always been there to answer questions, help out, etc...never telling me how "stupid" my question was, and never making it seem like a "chore" to answer. Truly, from the bottom of my heart - thanks.

I will surely agree more and more with time!

OK...on to the good stuff....

BECAUSE of the generosity from the aforementioned guys, I was able to put together not ONE prize pack, but FIVE ! You all win ! In addition to the initial multi-meter and the prizes donated, I picked up 3 more multi-meters and raided my parts boxes.... so in each prize pack you'll find transistors, jfets, mosfets, caps, resistors, wire, pots, etc, etc...4 of the 5 packs include multi-meters, and the 5th pack has an amazing custom painted enclosure donated by Stumper1 ! Seriously - this is AWESOME stuff ! All that, and I'm waiting for one more prize which should arrive any day ! As soon as that arrives, these will be sent out. I hope you guys enjoy your prizes, and more importantly, I hope you continue enjoying this hobby.

You have taken the right decision and it's all to your honnor since you'll pay for five Int' shipping instead of one! :icon_wink:

All my best,
  Andy

I've already a multimeter BTW! No!No! no! I was just kidding! But the box looks really awesome as all Stumper1 boxes i've seen already :P

Thanks again and Bonne Journée!

I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/

timotet

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 04:58:33 PM »
Just wanted to say thanks as well  :icon_mrgreen: , it would have been a rough decision to pick one of the 5.
thanks to all who donated.

THIS FORUM ROCKS!!!
 ;D

MasaRGR

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 04:08:44 AM »
Wow! What a pleasant surprise! Thank you all for your wonderful generosity! This forum does indeed "rock"  8)

I am totally hooked already, and stocking up my bench for many future projects. I hope to be able to give something back to the forum someday. For now, I'm busying myself with soaking up all the information that I can and having a tremendously FUN time building and playing these wonderful contraptions. This pedal that I entered in the contest has already found a home on my gigging board, and gets lots of compliments and comments from other musicians we play with. None of this would have been possible without this forum and all the talented and knowledgeable members. A big thank you!

Sorry for being so brief... but my wife needs her iron back... need to hurry up and finish these pcb transfers...  ;D

criss

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 09:25:59 AM »
Andy

Its people like yourself  that make this place and hobby a joy for all .

Win or not i was mainly in this for the fun of it

Thanx so much for all your effort and time

Criss

Dragonfly

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 07:08:28 PM »
OK...I just got the final prize in the mail, so I'll pack everything up and get it sent out in a few days !

I hope this helps inspire you guys to continue in this great hobby !

Andy

ConanB

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 07:51:33 PM »
It's guys like you who keep us newer lot inspired  ;D

Just got my NPN Boost sorted, way too late for the contest, but I'm hoping it will look good once I've finished the enclosure and will be posting pics.

So, 3rd build down, whats next....

Dragonfly

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 08:25:47 PM »

Just got my NPN Boost sorted, way too late for the contest, but I'm hoping it will look good once I've finished the enclosure and will be posting pics.

DEFINITELY post pics !

ConanB

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 10:39:46 AM »

DEFINITELY post pics !

Done and done!

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=36392.msg532830#msg532830

The French connection

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2008, 10:37:46 AM »
No news...here too!  :icon_confused: ???

Dan
I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/