breadboard report : DOWNWARD EXPANDER NOISEGATE

Started by rogeryu_ph, March 22, 2008, 06:24:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DimebuGG

Haven't try that mod yet but when I placed the pedal right next to the guitar, i'm now satisfied. Anyway, I tried it first by putting it after distortion and I don't like it.

and I guess somehow it serves somewhat like a compressor, IMO..

rogeryu_ph

alfonso_pola

I know this topic is kind of old, but I'll try to bring it back to life.
Roger, do you have PCB layout you used for this project??, your PCB looks really cool... and I doubt that I could get something similar by myself. Hope you get to read this message... otherwise I'll probably send you PM.

DSV

About noise gates, there is also the Smart Gate by Tom Scholz (guitarist of Boston, founder and chief researcher of SR&D, producer of the Rockman modules). It is based on a filtering approach, with double release time for long or short notes. I am currently studying the patent, in order to make a DIY version.

alfonso_pola

rogeryu_ph

Quote from: alfonso_pola on January 10, 2009, 02:23:25 PM
I know this topic is kind of old, but I'll try to bring it back to life.
Roger, do you have PCB layout you used for this project??, your PCB looks really cool... and I doubt that I could get something similar by myself. Hope you get to read this message... otherwise I'll probably send you PM.

Hi alfonso_pola,
It's our comrade Dimebugg's PCB layout you can PM him. Me i just traced it with a marker pen.
BTW Dimebugg if by chance, kindly send a copy to me also i really appreciate that. Who knows i may build another one. :D

alfonso_pola

bah, you are absolutely right, I'll PM Dimebugg, tell him about your interest on the layout also.

DimebuGG

I'm updating the layout.. ;)..I'll post and send it sooner..

alfonso_pola

Thanks a lot, I really need some kind of noise reduction for my big muff...

rogeryu_ph

km-r

ohhh... a layout... ill post mine too... hahaha! no verification only...
Look at it this way- everyone rags on air guitar here because everyone can play guitar.  If we were on a lawn mower forum, air guitar would be okay and they would ridicule air mowing.

rogeryu_ph

Quote from: km-r on January 12, 2009, 02:21:31 AM
ohhh... a layout... ill post mine too... hahaha! no verification only...

Hey Km-r you can post your layout too that would be nice :D