Tube Cricket Vero Layout

Started by nico13, April 02, 2008, 05:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nico13

To the people interested in building a Tube Cricket which schematic is here below:

I've made these 3 vero layouts. I did 3 because there's one for each part: power supply, tube stage + tone control and power amp.

Although I've already checked these layouts there could be some errors that's why I accept any help in verifying them.

kurtlives

Wow great work...

the LED on the power board is just an indicator right?
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

Barcode80

wonder how the tube cricket sounds as a fet emu?

nico13

Thanks.

Yes, the LED is just a power indicator.

I also wonder how it's sounds !! I've searched for soundclips but didn' find any.

cox

anyone has built this by this layout?
works fine? i think the vcc is on the wrong place in the tube stage...

how this thing sounds? it supports well some stompboxes? has a good clean sound?
i'm interested in build something simple like this to make no noise at 2:00AM when i'm testing my effects..

would be nice if someone record soundsamples

thanks

ambulancevoice

Quote from: nico13 on April 02, 2008, 05:42:41 PM

I also wonder how it's sounds !! I've searched for soundclips but didn' find any.

good luck finding any
i dont even think there are samples of the noisy cricket

also, why is vcc after the input cap???
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

cox

i think he wanted to put the wire one hole up

nico13

Quote from: cox on July 04, 2008, 09:55:51 AM
i think he wanted to put the wire one hole up

Yes, Sorry for the mistake. Vcc should be one hole up on the tube stage vero.

Many thanks.

cox

nico 13

have you tested your layout? or know about someone who did it?
i'd like to build this by your layout...
and by the way, lm386 doesn't work at all?

thanks

ambulancevoice

Quote from: cox on July 05, 2008, 07:19:19 AM

thanks

it doesnt work well in this circuit
it is not as stable as the JRC/NJM version
for some circuits it works fine, but with others, it doesnt
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

nico13

Quote from: cox on July 05, 2008, 07:19:19 AM
nico 13

have you tested your layout? or know about someone who did it?
i'd like to build this by your layout...

thanks

Unfortunately I didn't check my layouts. I was planning to build a Tube Cricket but I wanted to hear some soundclip of it before. But as I didn't find any I ordered the parts to build a Fuzzrite which I didn't build yet lacking of time for this (preparing my moving).

Nico.

Scruffie

Did anyone build or verify this layout in the end ? Looks like a project i'd quite like to do when i have some cash, maybe i can finally get some Tube Cricket sound samples up on the internet (why hasn't there been any?)

Thanks in advance for any replies,
Scruff.

ayayay!

Quotewonder how the tube cricket sounds as a fet emu?

Yeah really! 

Quoteand by the way, lm386 doesn't work at all? 

Eh?  You mean in the non-tube version?  Sure it does.  And it's stable.  I've built 2 using them. 

Sorry, I couldn't see the schems (wouldn't decompress) so I see it has a 386 now...  Derp!
The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

kristoffereide

Quote from: biggy boy on April 12, 2009, 06:22:33 PM
I find it funny how I can have close to 1000 components, yet I never seem to have enough parts to make a project. :icon_eek:

kristoffereide

In the veri-layout... What would I connect to pin 4 on the tube???
I find it funny how I can have close to 1000 components, yet I never seem to have enough parts to make a project. :icon_eek:

Scruffie

kristoffereide

that's what i thought, but I've seen a couple of things on this vero that surprised me so I thought I'd ask.

Thanks!

Scruffie

Yea, i'm glad someone did a vero of this though! Thanks nico13, if you build this kristoffereide  (which I assume you are) could you please report on the build (i'l try and help if you have any issues, not that i'm that great) and could you also possibly be the first to finally put a sound clip up of this amp if possible?

Thanks in advance,
Scruffie.

kristoffereide

I've allready places the parts on a vero. I placed all three stages on one board (5cm x 10cm), but I haven't fired it up yet. Will do it soon, I'll let you know

Scruffie

Awesome, I think i'm right in saying that Pin 4 can go to A4 or A5 on the Tube Stage board if you want somewhere to put it, good luck with the build.