Bronx Cheer help

Started by foozertone, April 20, 2008, 02:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foozertone

I've run into something a lil' strange while working on a GGG Bronx Cheer. It seems to basically work. It has a toggle switch in the circuit and when it is flicked to Hi everything seems right. When you switch it to Lo, it does give a low frequency filter effect, albeit with a somewhat limited volume. The queer part is that the status LED does not light with the switch in the low position. Am I missing something? I've looked over the wiring and everything seems cool although I assume it isn't or I wouldn't be writing this.

Thanks for the help

Jeffrey

slacker

Flipping the high/low switch definitely shouldn't have any effect on the LED, all it's doing is adding an extra capacitor to ground from the collector of the transistor. There must be something wrong with how the switch or the LED is wired.

foozertone

on furthur inspection I discover that the light soesn't go out, it dims. I just have a feeling something is missing. Any ideas?

Thanks

Jeffrey

eman

I had a similar problem, (semi-coincidently on the Jawari circuit) where as I turned the pot, the LED dimmed.  I found that I had a cold solder joint somewhere in the build.  I built the Bronx Cheer, and I don't have this problem with the LED, nor with the volume drop with the cap.  Also, I subbed a .1 cap for the .01 cap on the hi/lo switch and got a more dramatic hi/lo effect.

E