Uglyface LFO and mods

Started by Mick Bailey, April 24, 2008, 01:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick Bailey

I started this thread which may be of interest to Uglyface builders who wish to add an LFO to modulate the envelope control, plus a few other mods I've carried out. The thread is expanding and was a little buried in my original subject heading.

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=66861.0

chemosis

hey im  probably a couple years late,  but man i was thinking the same a while back. lately it came to mind again because of the wmd protostar. its llfo can modulate the envelope and wowwww. u get both lfo and envelope at same time. simultaneously.  what about a lfo with some real options like waveforms, ramp, speedX, mome etc.

garcho

Quotehey im  probably a couple years late

like, 9?

Quoteu get both lfo and envelope at same time

meaning, the attack/decay of your string plucking affects the frequency cut off at the same time as an LFO? that's pretty basic synth stuff. have you ever checked out Music From Outer Space? Ray, the owner recently died on a sad day around here, but his site is still up and running. Lots of simple building blocks there, perfect for Escobedo designs.
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

chemosis

your the guy that did the scotch bonnet. wow was that a cool circuit. I always wanted ways to control the Bronx cheer. but im limited to pcbs and vero and have limited knowledge in electronics so im thinking a craig Anderton super tone control after the Bronx cheer. id build the scotch bonnet if I could. great job on that man. you rule. never heard a wave folder style circuit quite like it.

garcho

^ wow, thanks for the kind words, it's just an extension and evolution of Tim Escobedo's beautiful collection of "circuit snippets", so many great launching boards, have you checked some of them out? Here's a link.

Quotebut im limited to pcbs and vero
Death to vero! but seriously, vero is the bane of so many builders around here, I would really suggest never using that stuff. PCBs are the best to work up your soldering skills but then they make it hard to tweak things yourself or experiment with the builds. I would try getting a breadboard and putting some stuff together there. Start simple until you get the hang of the breadboard, which won't take long. Then you can buy "proto boards" or "bus boards" that are similar or the exact same layout as a breadboard. Like these:

• SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

rutabaga bob

Yes! A big 'thumbs-up' on the Scotch Bonnet!
Life is just a series of obstacles preventing you from taking a nap...

"I can't resist a filter" - Kipper