problem with boss blues driver

Started by 12bar13, May 01, 2008, 07:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

12bar13

well last night i was working on my bd 2 and at some point two wires worked themselves lose and i can't for the life of me figure out where the connect to.  i called the support line but i got more help from my toaster.  they have a product specific service manual for sale but i don't want to spend $40 for one pedal. 

if anyone has this pedal could you please see where TP3 and TP4 connect to. they are yellow (connected to a white wire) and grey.  they reside in the upper right of the board. 

thanks

Papa_lazerous

Google is your friend!!  ::) :P

took me about 12 seconds to get this........

http://www.freeinfosociety.com/electronics/schemview.php?id=116

TP3 + TP4 are labelled on the schem and show where they go.  I'll give you a clue, look at the top left, right where the input jack is ;)

ugly_guitar_guy

Check out my metal band here: www.facebook.com/hollowshell
or
my personal effects building page here: www.facebook.com/brotronics

12bar13

i got the same thing but i can't tell wich is which on the input.

Papa_lazerous

I already posted the link to that one ugly guitar guy, but anyway 12bar13 there is a really easy way to tell which one is which!

Look on the schematic TP4 is connected to GND, so you know where TP4 is on the pcb and you know which is the GND on a jack so it follows very basic logic where to put it,

If you are really stumped take a high res in focus shot and I will gladly draw a big arrow to show where it needs connecting