Orgainizing Your Workspace (56K warning)

Started by kurtlives, May 02, 2008, 10:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew_k

Resistors? Haha, I just have a box of mess, containing what was once a carefully organized collection of resistors sorted by value. Now... not so much!

darron

Quote from: andrew_k on August 25, 2009, 05:03:38 AM
Resistors? Haha, I just have a box of mess, containing what was once a carefully organized collection of resistors sorted by value. Now... not so much!

exactly! :D
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

frank_p

My second lab had changed a bit.  Here is where I am working:

Putted some shelves and parts in ALL the drawers.  ;D

This was before:
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=67537.msg554892#msg554892
And I still have the lab in the basement:
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=67537.msg541015#msg541015

How do you stop expanding  :-\    :icon_rolleyes: ?

Cliff Schecht

Just seeing your scope and function generator so high up makes my neck hurt. :P

frank_p

Quote from: Cliff Schecht on September 15, 2009, 09:01:52 PM
Just seeing your scope and function generator so high up makes my neck hurt. :P

The desk is quite small, I don't know where to put it elsewhere.  It's not that comfortable.  But I am still playing Tetris and I'll find a solution.
Well...  I hope  :icon_lol: .

The French connection

Quote from: frank_p on September 15, 2009, 08:52:42 PM

Let the density of the mess becoming bigger than the volume of the room and a ''big cruch'' should happen by itself...I've named mine WIFE and it has create two new parallele/serial universe that have expanded faster than me. Pretty much negentropic phenomenom!

Bonsoir!
Dan
I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/

synthmonger

foxfire

Quote from: The French connection on September 15, 2009, 09:26:11 PM
Quote from: frank_p on September 15, 2009, 08:52:42 PM

Let the density of the mess becoming bigger than the volume of the room and a ''big cruch'' should happen by itself...I've named mine WIFE and it has create two new parallele/serial universe that have expanded faster than me. Pretty much negentropic phenomenom!

Bonsoir!
Dan

i chose to go a simpler route that i have named "not having any money." i have found that "not having any money" has kept me from expanding and needlessly acquiring more and more space as my hobby grew by keeping my hobby from growing. now this may not be the best route for everyone but it actually has made me focus a bit.

frank_p

Where can you get a platform like the one that supports the laptop ?
Anybody have an idea?

deaconque

meffcio

Quote from: frank_p on November 01, 2009, 11:30:15 AM
Anybody have an idea?
DIY! :D Really, it shouldn't be hard to do. My dad made a lot of that kind of things in his life.

frank_p

Quote from: meffcio on November 01, 2009, 03:42:39 PM
Anybody have an idea?
DIY! :D Really, it shouldn't be hard to do. My dad made a lot of that kind of things in his life.

DIY everything is time consumming.  My dad said he built some things too, but in fact, it's my mother who had built them.  :icon_lol:
Now, where can I buy this thing...

jessej

Just moved into a new house 1.1.2010 and a few moments ago I finally started getting my electronics stuff unloaded into my new hobby room:

Click for full size

There's still a lot of boxes to open and a few things to buy, but I just wanted to share my new space with you!  :icon_wink:

This thread is awesome for tips on storage etc., very nice.!

Thomeeque

Anybody have an idea?

Adjustable Monitor Arm for 17-Inch CRT Monitor (Heavy Duty Mover), P/N: MS-A01

They've been quite common in CRT monitor times, now you will have probably more trouble to get one (even they are very useful for laptops used stationary, half of our company uses them this way, there's one on my table too :)), but try to search..

Good luck, T.
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

frank_p

Quote from: Thomeeque on January 05, 2010, 08:27:46 AM

Anybody have an idea?

Adjustable Monitor Arm for 17-Inch CRT Monitor (Heavy Duty Mover), P/N: MS-A01

They've been quite common in CRT monitor times, now you will have probably more trouble to get one (even they are very useful for laptops used stationary, half of our company uses them this way, there's one on my table too :)), but try to search..

Good luck, T.

Thank you a lot for the info, Thomas !  :icon_biggrin:

smallbearelec

I have noted at other times that I live in a city environment in which storage space is costly. I use a lot of organizers of various kinds, including dozens of Akro-Mils "cubes" both in my home and my shop. I finally got enough storage space in my shop to stock a pallet, persuaded the maker to sell to me direct and now offer them for sale. Will have others as I work out what makes most sense for general use.

http://www.smallbearelec.com/Updates.htm

Regards
SD