News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

JFET Vulcan

Started by aron, May 07, 2008, 05:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

I"m no expert on Vulcan tech, but Jfets are not the same as other Jfets, even J201's.
   ...the Fetzer Valve article [and related Jfet measuring circuit] and GEO have good info on biasing Jfets.

Convention creates following, following creates convention.

corcia

my question might be sillier than it seems....  ???
i'm starting from Gaussmarkov layout (and website), in his description, Gaussmarkov says "Choose values for the three 100K resistors that give you JFET drain voltages of 4.5V to 5V", my question is: where do I have to measure the drain voltage of each JFET? I don't know in which part of the circuit place the VOM probe to measure said voltage

PS: i apologize for my ignorance!!!!!!

Suicufnoc

Quote from: corcia on December 09, 2011, 08:30:40 AM
i'm starting from Gaussmarkov layout (and website), in his description, Gaussmarkov says "Choose values for the three 100K resistors that give you JFET drain voltages of 4.5V to 5V", my question is: where do I have to measure the drain voltage of each JFET? I don't know in which part of the circuit place the VOM probe to measure said voltage

Measure from ground to the drain of each JFET(the pin connected to the 100k resistor.)
Sticks and stones may break your bones, but words can get you shot

corcia

Quote from: Suicufnoc on December 09, 2011, 08:34:15 AM
Quote from: corcia on December 09, 2011, 08:30:40 AM

Measure from ground to the drain of each JFET(the pin connected to the 100k resistor.)

ok, so I was right...my question was sillier than it seemed!!!

thanks a lot!!!

WGTP

No, it's a good question.  Jfets are notoriously random.  ;)
Stomping Out Sparks & Flames

DDD

Quote from: Constantin Necrasov on May 09, 2008, 03:02:02 PM
What will tighten the sound up and "clarify it" would be a 0.002 cap instead of 0.1 before the 1M gain control. In general - smaller caps throughout.
Well, 2.2 nF cap instead of the very first 0.1 uF cap would do the work a little bit better.
Too old to rock'n'roll, too young to die