Your Absolute Favorite Build

Started by cpnyc23, May 09, 2008, 07:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gijimmbo

well, from the few that i've built i'd have to say by far the Ross Phaser....man, that thing sounds sooooo creamy.  mmmm...the add on board from tonepad is a sweet addition as well.  love to be able to switch between 4 and 8.  lots of versatility. 

solarplexus

My favorite build of all (well the one I use the most) is my Rebote 2.5 delay with Small Clone 2 in 1.  The LED's aren't finished cause I had to finish it fast for a show and never got to reopen it.  I .... LOVE .... IT!
DIY Poser.

cpnyc23

Wow!  That thing looks seriously well loved...
"I've traveled the world and never seen a statue of a critic."    -  Leonard Bernstein

Renegadrian

As a mother with her children I love them all...

DoD 250 Grey with diodes and input cap switches
My first build...actually gave me more satisfaction than my original 308

Stratoblaster as onboard guitar preamp
It helps with some "push" for the pickups...

AMZ Mosfet Booster - SHO
Uh well, I like them but...Not my cup of tea

2 Valvecaster
I SIMPLY LOVE THEM, GOTTA BUILD MY THIRD

ROG May Queen
What an effect!!! Great sound

Tillman Preamp
Tiny circuit, I just LOVE IT!!! pushes the sound without going into overdrive fields,andadds some presence too...Good companion for the Valvies!!!

One Knob Fat Fuzz - Bazz Fuss
Not a Fuzz fan, but hey they rock! And you can build them with so little time...But Great satisfaction!!!

LPB2
OK booster, maybe it darkens the sound too much...But it's OK

My fav is the VALVECASTER, of course...
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

cab42

Quote from: idlechatterbox on May 09, 2008, 08:39:03 PM

Colorsound Inductorless Wah

1. very intuitive vero layout, thanks to Cab42

Does that mean that my layout is verified? Never got around to build it myself.

I think my favourite build is Ricky Vances NPN Silicon Tonebender. It was one of my very first builds, but I use it all the time.

Other favorites are: Orange Squeezer, JFet Vulcan, Hearthrob Tremolo and Shocktave

Regards

Carsten
  • SUPPORTER
"Rick, your work is almost disgusting, it's so beautiful.  Meaning: it's so darned pretty that when I look at my own stuff, it makes me want to puke my guts out."
Ripthorn

Papa_lazerous

My best build that I had so much fun doing is that I became friends with the guy who owns Matamp.  He let me build my own amp a few months back.  I did the guts they did the cab and case for the head and covered it.  But the sound is all down to my own handy work :)

foxfire

Quote from: Papa_lazerous on May 12, 2008, 07:13:27 PM
My best build that I had so much fun doing is that I became friends with the guy who owns Matamp.  He let me build my own amp a few months back.  I did the guts they did the cab and case for the head and covered it.  But the sound is all down to my own handy work :)

no crap! how lucky are you? can i be your friend? rylan

idlechatterbox

Quote from: cab42 on May 12, 2008, 06:39:58 PM
Quote from: idlechatterbox on May 09, 2008, 08:39:03 PM

Colorsound Inductorless Wah

1. very intuitive vero layout, thanks to Cab42

Does that mean that my layout is verified? Never got around to build it myself.

Verified. One thing: on the copy that I downloaded, I think that there's a typo for C7. It lists the value as .0022pf. I assumed that was supposed to be .0022uf. Either way, thanks for the layout. I should probably post a "build report" in one of the Colorsound Induct. Wah threads, in case others are tempted to build it too.  8)

spudulike

Can't name just one, but faves are :-

ROG Matchbox
Zendrive Clone
OCD (Rev 4) Clone
Easyvibe

cpnyc23

I've always dreamed of building my own amp.... All I want is a simple all tube signal path with a master volume, power soak (or ability to change wattage) and an fx loop.... but all with very very low wattage so I can get a decent sound in my living room.

One day... one day....

spudulike - glad to see another Matchbox fan around.  I'm surprised it doesn't get more attention.

-chris
"I've traveled the world and never seen a statue of a critic."    -  Leonard Bernstein