I Don't Trust Myself (With Loving You) Tone?

Started by sevenisthenumber, May 31, 2008, 04:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenisthenumber

How does John Mayer Get the tone on I Don't Trust Myself (With Loving You). I saw the live Austin City performance and its a great tone. Some type of Auto Wah thing going on but more complex.

mutagenic

I think it's an auto-wah and an Electro-Harmonix POG.
I agree, that's a great tone.

sevenisthenumber

I wonder what type of auto wah? Is there a good auto wah build anywhere?

Arn C.

DOD FX25.    I made one and it is great.    I believe if you search you may find this somewhere on this site.  If not email me and I will give you all the files I have.

arn.conklin@ametek.com

Peace!
Arn C.

sevenisthenumber

DougH

I don't trust myself with loving you(r) tone either, buddy...

Oh, wait a minute...

:icon_mrgreen:
"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

sevenisthenumber

sevenisthenumber

Just dont tell me that "my body is a wonderland". I would have to kill you with a soldering iron! ha!

DougH

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

jlullo

i must add that john mayer's tone on EVERY song on Continuum is so, so good- in my opinion

sevenisthenumber

Does anyone own the Line 6 Tonecore "Otto Filter"? Would it get this tone? It seems to have the classic sounds but also the vocal type filter. How is the bypass on those tonecores?

gmr1

Quote from: jlullo on June 02, 2008, 12:19:41 PM
i must add that john mayer's tone on EVERY song on Continuum is so, so good- in my opinion
Totally. The guy is a complete gear whore. Check this video out to see a crazy amount of pedals, and him play with 2 of my fav. musicians:

http://logan-scott.com/inrepair/

sevenisthenumber

In case anyone ever wants to know, i got the line 6 otto filter and it nails this tone with about 2 or 3 minutes of tweaking. Alot cheaper than what he's using.