Phase 100 rant, and question: TL022 = TL072 ?

Started by Praying_V, June 11, 2008, 11:43:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashura

Quote from: StephenGiles on October 08, 2018, 01:30:15 PM
This was the work of a former editor of UK Elektor, who told me it worked very well up to line level. He specifically modified the circuit for 15v operation - because he could!!

Okay. I thank your post. Certainly this information can be useful to someone.
I do not speak English natively, so sometimes I have a hard time understanding some constructions of phrases or specific terms. If I understood correctly, he made the modification to 15v just to test and see if that worked... is that what you meant?

StephenGiles

Quote from: Ashura on October 08, 2018, 06:27:00 PM
Quote from: StephenGiles on October 08, 2018, 01:30:15 PM
This was the work of a former editor of UK Elektor, who told me it worked very well up to line level. He specifically modified the circuit for 15v operation - because he could!!

Okay. I thank your post. Certainly this information can be useful to someone.
I do not speak English natively, so sometimes I have a hard time understanding some constructions of phrases or specific terms. If I understood correctly, he made the modification to 15v just to test and see if that worked... is that what you meant?

Nearly - he kew it would work but I think he chose different transistors that would operate more efficiently at 15v. Sadly the guy is no longer with us so I can't ask him. Incidentally your English is excellent!
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".