Old DOD Battery covers

Started by 01redcobra, June 11, 2008, 11:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

01redcobra

Hi Guys, I used to be able to get these battery covers direct from DOD, but they don't handle them anymore. They won't even tell me who made the covers for them. I'd love to be able to stock up on some, anyone have any help here?

BPSUL

ayayay!

Funny, I'd like to know the same thing.  I just bought my 2nd DOD in my history, sans battery cover.  Haven't owned a DOD since the late eighties.  Mine's a FX50 made in 1983 and I'd love to have that battery cover. 
The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

01redcobra

Like I said, DOD used to sell them. And that wasn't much more than a year or 2 ago. If I could only find out who produced the covers for them. I'm sure they wouldn't mind making a little extra money if they already have the dies, etc.

Naz Nomad

Quote from: BPSUL on June 12, 2008, 03:27:39 PM
I use these:  ;D

Yup, my Crybaby has exactly the same battery cover ... never failed me yet ;D
... riding a Lissajous curve to oblivion.

ayayay!

Having to resort to tape is just one of the many, many reasons I would not recommend a DOD.  But, I have one and I'd like to have a cover. :-\
The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Ben N

Canibalize a crapy DOD pedal; or use a wallwart. (I've done both.)
Truth is, still having those covers marks you as a newbie/wuss. Show your true colors, let it all hang out! Or go with the tape.
  • SUPPORTER

joegagan

i sold one batt cover on ebay for DOD , $10. about 5 weeks ago

yeah i am a whore
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.