Found a good place to make me some PCBs .........but

Started by PurpleStrat, June 22, 2008, 12:05:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PurpleStrat

I want to have some Tone Bender MK11 Pcbs made since you can actually do a lot with the layout besides Tone bender (FF, Colorsound One Knob etc.) but how can I do this with out copying someones work? I mean it's been done in so many ways by people. Any advice?

JOHNO

Why dont you want to copy someone elses work, are you planning on selling them? I guess you could come up with your own pcb layout if you liked. just use window paint that how I make my pcb's and they have my name on them and all. they look really professional. I dont sell them but when I die and people open them up they will say wow a "JCG SPECIAL" I wonder who that is. LOL.

PurpleStrat

I more then likely would sell some here if people wanted them. I may have to have more then I need done. 

JOHNO

Have you tried to etch your own pcb's its not that hard. Just photocopy the design of the pcb's onto some photo paper, high gloss magazine paper or better "press n peel" and iron it on to the copper pcb blank. then peel it off fix any dud traces with a texta and chuck it in some etching fluid.Done. I made my vibe board on photo paper and it came out perfect. Its a good idea to soak the board in some water for a while to get the rest of the paper off as some will probaly stick to it.Give it a go you wont look back once youve made your own. JOHNO

darron

Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

PurpleStrat

Oh I have one from GGG. I just like to experiment alot so having a bunch to use when ever an idea strikes would be great.

John Lyons

SHAMLESS SALES PITCH WARNING BELOW!

I can make you any boards you need.
Etched and drilled
I have a few different color and copper thicknesses available.
If you are interested get in touch.

john

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

PurpleStrat

Quote from: John Lyons on June 22, 2008, 12:56:38 PM
SHAMLESS SALES PITCH WARNING BELOW!

I can make you any boards you need.
Etched and drilled
I have a few different color and copper thicknesses available.
If you are interested get in touch.

john

Expect a PM!

railhead

Speaking as someone that designs my own PCBs for production, I must remind you that the trace image is under copyright to the person that did the layout. So, if you take GGG's trace image and mass-produce it -- and sell it -- you're breaking their copyright, and they have a right to file suit against you. PCB tace images are like art, photography, etc., as far as intellectual property and copyright laws are concerned.

Your best option is to design your own by using Eagle CAD (or something along those lines) by building the schematic and doing your own, custom trace image.

John Lyons

I'm not sure if you are addressing me but I make all my own layouts.
If not then ignore this one.

john

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

railhead

Quote from: John Lyons on June 23, 2008, 05:02:04 PM

john

No, I was talking to the OP. The way I read his post, it was like he was going to take the GGG trace image, mass produce it, and "maybe" sell it.

PurpleStrat

Quote from: railhead on June 23, 2008, 07:17:41 PM
Quote from: John Lyons on June 23, 2008, 05:02:04 PM

john

No, I was talking to the OP. The way I read his post, it was like he was going to take the GGG trace image, mass produce it, and "maybe" sell it.

Thats why I started the thread to see how to avoid it.

Wheeman

I found this resource that will do custom PCBs with a minimum size of a square inch. Just stumbled upon it, so I haven't tested it out yet.

http://www.batchpcb.com/

via http://tinkerlog.com/