E&MM Harmony Generator Case

Started by fogwolf, June 25, 2008, 11:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fogwolf

Hi, could anyone who's built the E&MM Harmony Generator let me know what they used exactly to house it? There used to be the box at Maplin - anyone find any other similar boxes elsewhere or are did you build from scratch?

Thanks.

snufkin

hi i only know for curtain of two people who have built this project on the forums and they scratch built

are you looking for a cosmetically similar box to the one sold with the 70/80s kit ?

or just a big metal enclosure of any type

are you building this from a kit ?

i etched a board after i lost out to some guy on ebay when a kit came up  >:( hope it wasnt you *joking* :D but i havent had the chance to put it toether yet i have way too many other more important projects , ada, synth modules, more fuzz  ::)

easyface,phase 90,many fuzz faces,feedback looper,tremulus lune and so on soon to be ADA!

fogwolf

Nope, wasn't me - didn't even know those kits were still available at all.

Something cosmetically similar to the one sold with the old kits would be cool. Not building from a kit - building from scratch. Trying to decide between this and the Roctave Divider (which I'm also posting some questions about in trying to make a decision).

Thanks.

Quote from: snufkin on June 26, 2008, 03:13:09 PM
hi i only know for curtain of two people who have built this project on the forums and they scratch built

are you looking for a cosmetically similar box to the one sold with the 70/80s kit ?

or just a big metal enclosure of any type

are you building this from a kit ?

i etched a board after i lost out to some guy on ebay when a kit came up  >:( hope it wasnt you *joking* :D but i havent had the chance to put it toether yet i have way too many other more important projects , ada, synth modules, more fuzz  ::)

snufkin

twas only a joke hope you didn't take offense  :D

it looks like a plastic enclosure with a metal top to which all the parts are mounted on the article on ampage, not that good for a stomp box as the jacks are facing upwards and there is no convent place for a stomp switch

try a folded steel case for a vintage look (hard to drill)

easyface,phase 90,many fuzz faces,feedback looper,tremulus lune and so on soon to be ADA!

fogwolf

No offense taken at all, no worries. I was more surprised to hear you found a kit on ebay at all. Do you remember how much it ended up going for?

Thanks again.

Quote from: snufkin on June 26, 2008, 04:33:21 PM
twas only a joke hope you didn't take offense  :D

it looks like a plastic enclosure with a metal top to which all the parts are mounted on the article on ampage, not that good for a stomp box as the jacks are facing upwards and there is no convent place for a stomp switch

try a folded steel case for a vintage look (hard to drill)

StephenGiles

Quote from: fogwolf on June 25, 2008, 11:28:28 AM
Hi, could anyone who's built the E&MM Harmony Generator let me know what they used exactly to house it? There used to be the box at Maplin - anyone find any other similar boxes elsewhere or are did you build from scratch?

Thanks.

I have never found an enclosure I want at Maplin - only sometime later when I don't want it! :icon_biggrin:
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

snufkin

i have never found anything i want at maplin .... but then nielther have the staff!  :D

i recall it went for around £40 it was minty unopened with box ! not likely to see one again  :icon_cry:

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Quote from: snufkin on June 26, 2008, 05:44:24 PM
i have never found anything i want at maplin .... but then nielther have the staff!  :D

Very true, Snufkin!
Unsurprisingly, the on-line catalog is crap to use as well.

snufkin

found out they have a policy  of only stocking one of most parts in each store now

i mean COME ON

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

yeah, most places with the "stock one item only" policy end up with no stock at all - because if one of the (single) components is stolen or lost, they don't know to replace it until someone asks for it.