Ibanez FL9 Flanger PCB layout/project

Started by Michael Allen, June 26, 2008, 10:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Allen

I just finished this layout for the FL9 flanger. The resistor and capacitor names are from the schematic at http://www.mojotronics.com/images/FL9.pdf

Q1, Q2, Q4, Q5, Q6 - 2N5088
Q3 - 2N5087

IC6 - 5 volt regulator

The PCB is 85mm wide by 73mm high. Again this is unverified so feel free to scan it over and make sure it's good before embarking. I'll probably try to build it next week sometime. Hope someone can use it!

DimebuGG

the schematic is just the same as BOSS BF-2 more or less. Not for JET flanging I guess..

beatnik

michael, have you verified this?
maybe i will build this instead of the MXR Flanger, because i can't find any SAD1024 in europe.

solarplexus

has this been verified by anyone?  looking to build a fl9...
DIY Poser.

kabi

Quote from: solarplexus on March 10, 2010, 01:32:42 PM
has this been verified by anyone?  looking to build a fl9...

Same here, has anyone built it?

Michael Allen

solarplexus

Ok so it's good.  What is the parts list?  The schematic print is a little hard to read.  :-\
DIY Poser.

jbgron

Bump.

Yep, the parts on the schematic are very hard to read.  Does anyone have a clean copy of the schematic?

Govmnt_Lacky

BUMP again.

Gonna try to get a parts list from the "fuzzy" schematic but if anyone wants to save me the time and link a parts list.... that would be swell too!  ;D

Also, has there been any other validations of this layout?
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Govmnt_Lacky

OK.

I worked out a parts list from the schematic above  ;D

There are a few parts that I am not 100% for sure about BUT I put my best interpretation of the number on the schematic into the list.

Also, there is one resistor MISSING on the layout when compared to the schematic PLUS there is a trimer on the layout that is not on the schematic.

I would really like another set of eyes on my parts list. If anyone wants to volunteer I will send you the Excel list that I made.

Any takers??
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America

jbgron

Good work Govmnt_Lacky, I'll definitely take a look.  I also own one of these pedals so I can provide gut shots and any further information you need.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: jbgron on May 29, 2011, 05:42:00 PM
Good work Govmnt_Lacky, I'll definitely take a look.  I also own one of these pedals so I can provide gut shots and any further information you need.

PM'd

RedHouse

Quote from: jbgron on May 29, 2011, 05:42:00 PM

Please post 'em

jbgron

No problem. I'll post them when I get home from work tonight.

jbgron

Apologies for the delay, here are the gut shots as promised.

Let me know if you need anything further.

Cheers

jbgron

mezeizs

Hi!
Nice work!
I will do it, but I can't make it without the part list.
Can you send it to me?

Thank you!

Govmnt_Lacky

Finished the parts list!
Etched the board!
Still waiting for some 1% resistor values for this project  :icon_cry:

Going to build this up as soon as they come in.

Noticed another problem with the layout. R116 (schematic) or R16 (layout) is missing!! It is the 56K that goes from the MN3207 Pins 7 & 8 to GND. This resistor is easily added to the layout above.

Will report when I get it on PCB and testing has begun  ;D

Govmnt_Lacky

Can anyone explain to me why VR104 was added to this layout?

I see that R63 and R64 are set up as a voltage divider to provide the 4.5V VRef according to the factory schematic BUT..... why was the trimmer added  ???

Couldn't VR104 be removed and then just add a jumper from Lugs 1 & 3 going ot Lug 2?

Need a sanity check here.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on June 27, 2011, 09:15:21 AM
Can anyone explain to me why VR104 was added to this layout?

I see that R63 and R64 are set up as a voltage divider to provide the 4.5V VRef according to the factory schematic BUT..... why was the trimmer added  ???

Couldn't VR104 be removed and then just add a jumper from Lugs 1 & 3 going ot Lug 2?

Need a sanity check here.

ANYONE??

ANYONE??

BUELLER.....  ::)

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Michael Allen on March 30, 2010, 03:07:28 PM
i built it, it's good. nice and subtle

This is an interesting fact. I recently built this and immediately noticed that the ALL of the pots are wired REVERSE! Also, that trim pot (VR104) is not called for on the schematic. Also, you are missing a resistor from the MN3207 Pins 7 & 8 to ground!

Did you verify this but fail to post any of the changes?

I am still working on getting my LFO to wobble. All else seems fine as I get the "warped" sound when adjusting the Width and Delay pots but, the Speed pot is non-existant and I get no voltage swings on my LFO IC pins. I used a TL022CP as called for on the schematic. I am gonna try different Op Amps and see if I can get it to "turn over!"

I also matched (2) 5088 transistors to replace the 2SC2583F that is used on the original units. I matched them at an Hfe of 510. I read in another thread that maybe they should be tested for Vbe but I am hoping it is not that strict in tolerance.