News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Wow, the mail is slow

Started by aron, June 19, 2008, 09:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aron

Someone in San Jose, just got a package I sent on May 31st!!!!
Today is June 19th!

WOW!

Fl!P

Quote from: aron on June 19, 2008, 09:09:34 PM
Someone in San Jose, just got a package I sent on May 31st!!!!
Today is June 19th!

WOW!

Meh... I ordered on the 13th and it arrived on the 19th (Thanks!).

I heard that the USPS is slightly statistically worse than others (UPS, FedEx).
Maybe this was just a 'fluke'...? ???

Anyway, thanks again for the veroboards.
Completed Builds: Gus Booster, Plexizer, BSIABII, Si/Ge Fuzz Face w/ RM Mod, Orange Squeezer
To Do List: Valvecaster, Small Clone, Jawari

For Sale:Marshall Footswitch

Ry

I've noticed that the mail has been generally very slow over the last month or so, at least in Phoenix.  It's taken at least three days longer to get stuff than it used to.  I wonder if it has something to do with the slow airline industry lately.  Some mail carriers contract with commercial airlines to transport mail, especially in more rural areas.

kurtlives

+1 to the mail getting slower.
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

eurekaiv

What I've always thought happens is that as trucks are loaded and planes are filled priority packages are taken before standard first class and then those packages that were left behind tend to continually get pushed to the back.  I never send parcel anymore as I had a package take 3.5 weeks coast to coast once.  Generally USPS priority is still much cheaper then UPS and FedEx for the same level of service (2-3 days) and I've found priority MUCH more reliable in terms of the packages being treated well.  I've never had anything arrive damaged with the post office.  UPS and FedEx have destroyed shit in ways I still can't explain...  and weaseled out of paying on insurance claims based on "improper packaging."