HELP WITH LINE 6 DL4 stompbox!

Started by lukeb23, August 12, 2008, 09:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukeb23

Hi, I have a line 6 dl4 stomp box and can't figure out what the heck is wrong with it. I would send it in to get it fixed but for what it costs I may as well just by a new one. The problem is when I turn it on it usually works fine for a matter of minutes before it suddenly get completely distorted to the point you can't even make out a note....nothing but nasty fuzz. I know there are some people on this forum that "know there stuff". If you could help me out at all I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance!   :)

Processaurus

Mine did the same thing and I've probably foolishly worked on it for 15+ hours, and it is still dead.  One weird thing I tried that made it work was putting in a different eprom (the chip in the socket on the bottom of the PCB) from a different modeler in there, doing the factory reset (power up holding the far left and far right footswitches), switching the eprom back, reset.  But that just kinda made mine work for a month or two, now it's back to being dead and that's as much of my life it is going to claim!