distortion comparison..Korg ax3000g/Dr boogie/Burning Crunch

Started by dschwartz, August 05, 2008, 11:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dschwartz

Quote from: Slade on February 23, 2010, 11:45:32 AM
Now, this is impressive.
Your work on the distortion field is amazing, Daniel. I will not say anything about your playing skills ( :icon_eek: )
You have made such a good work in the short time you have to do it. That's admirable. I envy that, you know, to be such a genius to work like this. TheTB is a freaking rock machine.

Oh, and I agree about "Tubes are overrated" :icon_twisted:
Gracias Fernando, viniendo de ti es un gran honor!!! Si algun dia andas por santiago, te invito unas chelitas!

Quote from: knealebrown on February 23, 2010, 01:10:05 PM
Quote from: Slade on February 23, 2010, 11:45:32 AM

Oh, and I agree about "Tubes are overrated" :icon_twisted:

not to bring up 'that old argument again' but i have to disagree. I dont know if were talking strictly pedals here but a tube amp gets my vote over a SS amp any day. they just sound better to my ears thats all. Come to think of it can anyone think of any famous guitarist that has strictly used SS amps? Mind you that brownie sounds very very tubey  :icon_cool:
i neither want to get into that, i have discussed that issue too much.. But two things..if we are talking strictly pedals (not including preamps), tubes are VERY VERY overrated, or simply put..they suck. If we are talking amps..well most people say they´re better, some fewer people say that it´s a matter of design, not technology.  And i´m one of those fewer people.

The argument about famous guitarrists using only tube amps is a little weak, there are (or were) a lot of famous guitarrists using SS (frank zappa-pignose, brian may-deacy, BB king/Ty Tabor-Lab series L5, john fogherty-kustom SS, santana (woodstock)-Gallien krueger, Dimebag-Randall, Allan Holdsworth- Yamaha, Mike Stern- Yamaha, Tom Scholz-Rockman, neal schon-Lab series, Billy Gibbons- Valvestate power amps live!, among others) . The big difference is that the most famous get payed to say the use Tubes, since for the amp makers, selling a tube amp means many times more revenue than selling an SS amp. more revenues-->more money--> more publicity--> more pics of slash and Yngwie hugging their tube amps--> more people thinking that tubes are THE way to go.

of course, tube amps sound great!!!! but, i just don´t think they are the secret behing someone´s tone, or that they have some magical electronic behaviour that makes you play better or sound better. I´ve heard many guys with vintage$$$$$ tube stuff sound like pure crap, and other guys sound like the voice of god through an SS cheap amp, and viceversa. Obviously, i´ve heard more tube amps sound good than SS, but mostly because you see more SS amps on an amateur level.
----------------------------------------------------------
Tubes are overrated!!

http://www.simplifieramp.com

dschwartz

Quote from: alex frias on February 23, 2010, 01:42:14 PM
Very well done, man!
Very guitarish distortion your TB!
About your playing, very nice fluidity and sense of rhythm, some people simply don't pay attention to these when shredding...
Thanks for copmplimenting my playing.. That backing is very comfortable for my style, it has a nice groove that i like and lets you play at different speeds and moods..

When improvising over a shred style baking track, i truly suck!!! i never used a metronome for practicing and it shows.
Tubes are overrated!!

Slade

Quote from: dschwartz on February 23, 2010, 01:55:51 PM
Gracias Fernando, viniendo de ti es un gran honor!!! Si algun dia andas por santiago, te invito unas chelitas!

Lo tendré muy presente, sería genial!

of course, tube amps sound great!!!! but, i just don´t think they are the secret behing someone´s tone, or that they have some magical electronic behaviour that makes you play better or sound better.
That's all. Overrated doesn't mean that they sound bad or worst than SS amps ;)

dschwartz

Quote from: Slade on February 23, 2010, 03:55:05 PM

Lo tendré muy presente, sería genial!

of course, tube amps sound great!!!! but, i just don´t think they are the secret behing someone´s tone, or that they have some magical electronic behaviour that makes you play better or sound better.
That's all. Overrated doesn't mean that they sound bad or worst than SS amps ;)

jaja si, su kuntsmann bock o torobayo..valdivianas...

that´s exactly the point, slade..not better or worst..just overrated.
Tubes are overrated!!