Anyone tried the Ibanez PQL parametric EQ?

Started by DimebuGG, September 01, 2008, 12:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DimebuGG

Has anybody tried or built the Ibanez PQL parametric EQ from http://www.dirk-hendrik.com/ibanez_pql.pdf
Is it good? ??? :D :D

I do already have my PCB layout. Well, I am just asking if this is a worthy one to build. ;D

iaresee

I can't comment on that circuit or on the PQL specifically but I can say that recently I've fallen in love with using a well voiced PEQ in the loop on my amp. I didn't think it'd be quite as cool as it is really. I always looked a PEQ's as an acoustic guitarist's tool for fighting feedback. Or maybe a bass player's tool for bandaging bad rooms. But MAN it kills in the loop on my electric guitars.

gigimarga

If you will post the PCB this will be my next built :D...i tried a Boss PQ-4 and it was wonderful :)

DimebuGG

DimebuGG

Quote from: gigimarga on September 03, 2008, 10:12:19 AM
Quote from: DimebuGG on September 03, 2008, 08:18:49 AM
built and tested! ;D

and how it sounds?

It's an EQ, what do you expect? :D   I tried it as PRE and POST dist(GT-2) to poweramp. It is less noticeable in a pre distortion setting but shines if used as a post dirt EQ.

Tried it this way, guitar->expander->filter's->gt-2->IBANEZ PQL circuit->modulations->poweramp.

Mid boosting is good and loud for solos..and the FREQUENCY and Q control helps a lot.

I must say this is much different than a graphic one.

eleanor296

always wanted to try one...
but holy cow, that's a beast right there.
At least for me hehe... Don't want to try my "layout skills" on anything like that yet.

~Andy

DimebuGG

gigimarga

DimebuGG

I send them to John Lyons. just ask for him because I don't have the idea to post a link or whatsoever. I'm kinda lazy about it. ;D

In the layout, the FET bypass and everything from C8 to C9(above center) were removed.

eleanor296