Wherfe to find a 1p6t for the ROG Matchbox?

Started by Filament, August 26, 2008, 11:12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Filament

I'm thinking of building a matchbox but don't know where to find the appropriate 1p6t for the tone switch.  I see that small bear sells one but it doesn't look like it has solder lugs on it and some of the other switches look too big.  Has anyone had luck sourcing one that is roughly the size of a 16mm pot and has lugs to solder to so I can mount it along side the other pots in this build?  Is there a way to reliably solder lugs to the mini switch that Steve sells?  Seems pretty tight but if I have to I'll give it a shot.  Thanks in advance.
This is not my large automobile

davent

The new Digikey catalogue arrived this morning and in it  fiound the Grayhill Series 56 rotaries. You could use a 2 X 6 or a 1x10 with adjustable stops to get what you want. One eighth inch shaft, 1/2" diameter body. Pricey (but  cheap for a Grayhill).

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail?name=GH5603-ND

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Mark Hammer

It's a surprisingly available switch, and is even sourced by "budget" jobbers.

MikeH

I've used the ones from small bear for all kinds of stuff.  They work great.
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

Filament

Quote from: MikeH on August 26, 2008, 04:38:56 PM
I've used the ones from small bear for all kinds of stuff.  They work great.

Have you used the switch without the solder lugs on it?  If so, did you find a reliable way of attaching leads to it?  Or, did you use the other, larger switches. 

Thanks!
This is not my large automobile

MikeH

Oh I used the switch with the solder lugs on it.  Whenever I have to use a switch or a pot with solder terminals on it, I just solder it onto a little piece of vero or pad-per-hole and solder wire off of that.
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH