[HELP] Microsynth debug

Started by DVB_master, August 29, 2008, 08:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DVB_master

Hi all, I finnally have built an EH MicroSynth following Hartery schematics: http://files.muziq.be/schematics/eh_microsynth.pdf
I have made these corrections:

>R3 is a 100k lin pot.
>R8 is 33k
>R12 is 1k5
>R21 is 22k
>There is a 10k resistor from pin 1 of ic A8, or top of pot to ground.
>R68 is 12k
>In the place mark as 1, going to R105, there's a 10k resistor to ground.
>R89 is 47k.

When Square Wave is set to 0, I hear no sound at all. How can I check (and solve  :icon_confused: ) this problem?
Thank you guys

DVB_master

Just some notes:
pin 2 of A14 is connected to ground as suggested in some threads. I have used for Q2 a BF245A in place of 2N4302. I have replaced CA3094s with CA3080 and a couple of transistors (2N5088) and resistors (2k and 47k) like described in the datasheets.
Power Supply provides +8.5V and -10V.
Square Wave now seems to work but filters and octave section give some problems. How can I regulate squelch trimmer? Preamp gain can be adjusted by setting all controls to 0 and guitar to his max value, increasing preamp trimmer resistance until sound gets distorted.

StephenGiles

I'm not sure that the CA3094s can be replaced in that unit.
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

DVB_master

This is a good start  ;D! But CA3094 is a CA3080 with a couple of transistors an resistor.. Anyway, I am debugging it. Pin 5 of IC6 says: "0 to -7V depending on signal". So while playing giuitar the voltage should change. Am I right? The fact is that the voltage doesn't change at all...fixed on -5.9V  :icon_rolleyes: Now I'll go to check other notes reported on the schematic... Thanks again

DVB_master

Another news: there was a short between positive pin of C23 and pin 5 of IC18. Corrected it. But the problem persist.Only Guitar and square wave controls work well. Coulk I have burnt C23 or anything else with the short? At a first sight it looks ok.
Thanks guys

DVB_master

this microsynth is getting me crazy. just another question: some tantalum caps have just a strip on the body without any + mark. has the strip to be considered as positive? I think yes, but I am testing any alternative. Maybe if somebody can tell me some IC voltages on output of OTAs and 4558. Seems that the signal doesn't arrive at all at the filter section because guitar section and shape wave work well.

DVB_master

news: the filter is almost working, damn shorts. I have checked all and everything is almost ok. I think that the filter doesn't sweep very well and voltage on pins marked on the schematic (zone 6 ,7 and pin 5 of ic6) doesn't change during attack or silence. there was a short on a transistor. Is possible that some ICs have been damaged for this?