Please have a look at my Wau Fuzz Layout

Started by Filament, August 30, 2008, 12:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Filament

I'm hoping to trouble some of you to have a look at my Wau Fuzz layout.  It's only the 3rd layout I've ever done and truth be told, I pretty much just copied the schemo but could I impose of some of you to take a look at it before I etch a board?  I've looked it over and feel good about it but I'd certainly love to benefit from some fresh eyes.  Thanks in advance.

This is not my large automobile

Leston Braun

kurtlives

Could you get part numbers for the schem too? I have a hard time without them...
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

dxm1

Quote from: Geoff Leonard on August 30, 2008, 06:48:27 PM
the C13 connection seems funny to me?

I agree. It looks like the square pads are the positive end of the polarized caps, so that side of C13 is good.  The negative lead has to go to the wiper of the 100K pot. It looks like a pad is placed for an off-board wire, but no trace to C13-

Filament

Ugh, bless you guys for your help...the C13 thing might be a bit of an issue huh...duh?!?  Seriously thank you. 

I believe I've made an error in the clipping section as well.  Would anyone look that over too?  I think I need a trace connecting the diodes on the side opposite ground plane. 

Kurtlives, thank you for looking at the layout....I'm sorry, I don't understand your question regarding part numbers but I'm only too happy to get you any information that might help you our.  Seriously, just let me know. 

Thanks again guys, this pedal is for a friend of mine and I know he's going to love it....as long as it works.
This is not my large automobile

Auke Haarsma

Just a very minor thingy: Are you running it with 18V headroom? If not, I assume the -9V should read Ground (0V).

dxm1

Quote from: Auke Haarsma on August 31, 2008, 06:24:42 AM
Just a very minor thingy: Are you running it with 18V headroom? If not, I assume the -9V should read Ground (0V).

Correct. The two diode ends need to connect to the two electrolytic cap leads.

QuoteCould you get part numbers for the schem too? I have a hard time without them...

Here you go...

jonjon

Hey I made this . But I just did it the old bend over the components wires and solder them .
Any way I used a 10k pot instead of the tone switch . Much more useful 
john