Multicab SIM..my own design cabinet simulator .. it works!! cool!

Started by dschwartz, September 01, 2008, 11:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

exztinct01

JOKER, how would you compare this to the Simple Cab Sim you recommended in another thread? The one built by Lart.
~ Stephen

Belanger

I'm sorry for commenting on an old post but I had 3 of the osh park boards made then realized I can't find the schematic anywhere now. does anyone happen to have the schematic the can share for Jim's layout please and thank you! again sorry for posting on something so old but for some reason, I'm unable to send a PM

**update PM finally worked

Quote from: Hatredman on January 01, 2016, 10:43:12 AM
Oh, my...

I spent yesterday and this morning retracing the circuit based on alexirae's vero layout, because all schemos were gone, and now when I was ready to repost it here Jim's files are back online. Maybe it was a glitch on Dropbox.

Jim's files:
- PCBs at OSH Park: http://oshpark.com/profiles/J0K3RX
- Schematic: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11178619/Cab%20Simulation/Multi-cab.pdf

I loved the fact that Daniel used two capacitor multipliers ("inverted gyrators") for two of the filters.
The best substitute for intelligence is silence

mnesarco

Hi Friends,
I have built this MultiCab Sim, It works well in terms of Signal Shaping, but I get a lot of noise (rain noise). I have used the Schematic available here, designed the PCB in Kicad and verified every single connection/component.

I appreciate any advice on how to fix the noise problem.

Thank you!

mnesarco

Hi Folks,
I have added some capacitors and decoupled the op amp reference voltage (vcc/2) as suggested by a friend. I have not tested it yet in another clean build but i managed to hack my previous build and it seems to work. The 47p cap at output was a desperate measure, but i think it is required only as a last resort.

GeorgePS

Hi, my first post !
I'm inexperienced and have some questions about the schematic of post # 95:

Which pin is 1, 2 and 3 in a potentiometer?

What kind of capacitors are they, ceramic, polystyrene, polyester?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad English.

11-90-an

Welcome to the forum... :icon_biggrin:

For the pots...

For the capacitors, I think you can use about any capacitor type (maybe not electrolytic) as long as you can squeeze them in the vero layout
flip flop flip flop flip

GeorgePS

Thank you very much! I would like to put a switch and use it as a pedal, when it is off the signal to pass through it.
I will use it with a Solid-state Fender Blackface Preamp that I have made.

s4ezy

Quote from: jellyjams on March 14, 2016, 05:12:37 AM
Quote from: BoogiemanX on March 12, 2016, 04:34:48 PM
Does anyone have a DIYLC layout version of this? I don't have any strip board. Will have to etch.

It's your lucky day! I finished this layout for myself a couple of weeks ago, and I thought I'd wait to verify it before posting. Since you asked though, I'm putting this out unverified. It might even fit a 1590A if you try hard enough...

pdf for higher quality

Does anyone verify this layout?