Who is RG Keen?

Started by outoftune, October 14, 2008, 09:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

outoftune

I know he created geofx and gives a lot of great advice around here. I also read that he has at least one EE degree. The only reason I am asking is because I am quoting one small thing I asked about Guitar output impedance for my senior project and wanted to give some hard fact. M.S., B.S., PHD in EE...? Or just 30+ years experience in guitar electronics... I am not doubting anything he says but just thought I should include something. Thanks RG or whoever may know and respond.

ianmgull

rogeryu_ph

Most  W A N T E D  person.......

when you have problem on pedal effects. :D

R.G.

BSEE, 1973; MSE Computer Architecture 1982; practicing EE 1973-present, 30+ years at a major corporation, then the last several years at a small company doing what I love. Started learning electronics at 16, never quit. Patent awarded for a graphical method of keyboard remapping. Dabbler for fun in most forms of engineering, including civil, mechanical, chemical. Inventor of the flying lawn mower (no kidding!) long before the "Fly-mo". Inventor of sheepskin keycap covers for personal computer keyboards.  :icon_biggrin: Developer of onboard instrumentation for sailing vessels which predated the current plethora of computing power on the Americas Cup boats. Designer of solar power systems. Dispenser of fact-based opinions.  :icon_lol:
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

outoftune

ha thanks RG. I was hoping you would be on tonight to respond. I am working on my groups interim report, due tomorrow as we speak and was hoping to get a response.

R.G.

Good luck with the report!
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

theundeadelvis

If it ain't broke...   ...it will be soon.

R.G.

Well, you can't really tell what I look like from that. That's my "Bozo the Engineer" costume and makeup.  :icon_lol:
R.G.

96ecss

Dragonfly

Deliverer of Mother Natures Laws.

theundeadelvis

If it ain't broke...   ...it will be soon.

cheeb

Your daddy.

Quote from: theundeadelvis on October 15, 2008, 12:30:03 AM
And for those wanting to put a face with a name: http://www.visualsound.net/rgkeen.html

Funny, that's exactly how I pictured R.G.

Maybe a little less jolly.

Zben3129

Quote from: R.G. on October 14, 2008, 10:24:17 PM
Dabbler for fun in most forms of engineering, including civil, mechanical, chemical.

I'd like to talk to you sometime about that ;D. Considering majoring in it, decision years coming up quick :icon_eek:

Zach

BDuguay

Auke Haarsma

alteredsounds

How many pets is 'many pets'?  ;D

petemoore

Resident Guru.
  An invaluable intelligence in a man with fantastic generosity !
  BTW, RG, thanks for being you !

Convention creates following, following creates convention.

WGTP

We are blessed with a Magician.   :icon_cool:
Stomping Out Sparks & Flames

jalien21

i want to be rg keen when i grow up

Mark Hammer

I like to think of him as my on-line buddy and faithful confidante for some 17 years now....and occasional partner in crime. :icon_wink:

I like to refer to him now and then as "Commander" Keen, but I take it that reference only has meaning for those of us who ever used a 286 AT!