tremulus symmetry

Started by 1878, November 12, 2008, 08:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello.

I've ordered a Tremulus Lune PCB from Tonepad. I'm planning to build it with the usual 5 controls, an external gain pot and a symmetry pot. I can't seem to find a definitive diagram for wiring the symmetry mod though :( Could anyone post a quick diagram to help me out ??

Thanks in advance.

The commonsound and tonepad layouts are different. This is how the tonepad layout looks:

As you can see, there's no 'fine' points on the board. They're just wired together offboard.

I'm confused  :(

GREEN FUZ

Yeah, confused me too. As far as I can tell, looking at schematics and basing the wiring on the commonsound layout, this is how it should go.

Hope you can tell where the points on the board correspond to those on the tonepad layout.

I also had a look at the schematic and layout at Fuzzcentral, which is the one I used and it suggests to me that there may be a simpler way of doing it.

http://fuzzcentral.ssguitar.com/tremulus.php

Am I wrong in thinking that wiring the diodes from lugs 1 and 3 of the symmetry pot to the wipers of the speed/fine pots would work?

Thanks !! Just waiting for the PCB to arrive now.

Quote from: GREEN FUZ on November 12, 2008, 12:06:08 PM
Am I wrong in thinking that wiring the diodes from lugs 1 and 3 of the symmetry pot to the wipers of the speed/fine pots would work?

I wouldn't have a clue unfortunately. I'm still basically 'soldering by numbers' rather than running on my own with stuff.