im making a stompbox tonight

Started by bassmasta17, November 14, 2008, 05:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassmasta17

i used the 10nf cap. Ill check to see if the signal goes to ground when i get a chance. What i was trying to say is before i put the ton in the volume was obnoxiously loud. But now the volume is the same as the bypass volume. Also the volume changes when i move the tone. More bass slightly less volume.
i play bass.
www.freekbass.com

oskar

Boy. It's like someone took off your leash and said "Electronics... FETCH!!!"
You should be tied to a pole and fed ONE resistor at a time...      ;)

Again...

:icon_question: Which of the filter solutions did you use? There are at least 3 different solutions presented earlier in the thread.
Link to the drawing you used.

:icon_question: How did you wire up the volume pot. The output from the pot should be from the middle lug. Not like the drawing
from my last post.

:icon_question: Do you like my new icon?   

bassmasta17

thats what i used.
the input to the volume pot is in the middle
1= ground
2= in
3=out
thats how its wired

we should have some new icons. Guitar smiley
i play bass.
www.freekbass.com

oskar

Quote from: bassmasta17 on December 21, 2008, 12:35:42 PM
thats what i used.
:icon_question: Thats the first layout and it doesn't include a filter. I wondered about filter???
Which one did you use? If you used A or C below, changing frequency would affect volume more than
solution B ( SWTC by Mark Hammer )

1= ground
2= in
3=out
That is not a good wiring. If you changed it to    1. in   2. out   3. ground     You would do no wrong.
But hey... if it works you might as well keep it. Read up on wiring before the next build instead.
Read this!

bassmasta17

for the tone this is what i did for R2

lug 1= in
lug 2= cap then to ground
lug 3= out to volume pot
i play bass.
www.freekbass.com

oskar

:icon_question: So, from what I understand the pedal basically works, but you wish it to have a higher signal when volume is full up?
:icon_exclaim: Fix: Tone pot / 10 = 10K and C x 10 = 100nF. This makes the filter act the same but the volage isn't lowered at the volume pot.

Here follows two statements:

Quote from: bassmasta17 on December 18, 2008, 03:39:01 PM
well it works but when i put the treble up the signal dies.

Quote from: bassmasta17 on December 20, 2008, 12:05:40 PM
What i was trying to say is before i put the ton in the volume was obnoxiously loud. the volume changes when i move the tone. More bass slightly less volume.

-If the first statement is true: I totally don't know what is wrong!     ???

-If the second statement is true: It is perfectly normal to loose volume when you cut the treble. You are actually removing part of the sound.
If you hadn't used the SWTC filter then the difference in volume would have been, given your component values, even bigger. See fix above!

-If booth statements above are true... :icon_eek:
Does the signal go down a bit when you cut trebble ( turn pot left ) and die out totally when you turn it all the way up ( turn pot right )????

ps: schematic B in my previous post shouldn't have a short between two lugs. I'm trying to edit it but photobucket is not being cooperative.    >:(

bassmasta17

well it works and im happy but i was wondering why the signal was cutting out with the trebble went all the way up. But with the bass up it is better. The other problems have been solved. My Rig is quite complicated

bass
fx
bbe sonic maximizer
Fender Rumble 100
bbe sonic max
fender sidekick bass

from the BBE and the EQ in the amps, guitar and pedal i fixed the other problems.
my small fender sidekick bass is eletrical tape modified to say
sIdeKICK bASS
i play bass.
www.freekbass.com

bassmasta17

sorry for the delay. I have been trying to go to collage, winning schollarships, art shows, ect. Well as soon as i get my new camrea then i will put up some pictures.
i play bass.
www.freekbass.com

jmwreck

Quote from: bassmasta17 on May 20, 2009, 09:25:45 PM
sorry for the delay. I have been trying to go to collage, winning schollarships, art shows, ect. Well as soon as i get my new camrea then i will put up some pictures.

are you still planning to build one sooner? :icon_cool: