bassmasta17

haha...
any suggestions for any thing else.
leaving in...
2 mins ;D
i play bass.
www.freekbass.com

bassmasta17

well thanks for the help im leaving in like 10 sec. later..
i play bass.
www.freekbass.com

bassmasta17

does any one know where i can get 10 nF and 100nF caps?
i play bass.
www.freekbass.com

ItZaLLgOOd

They should have some at the Shack. They're probably labeled 0.01uf and 0.1 uf.  The ones at my local Shack are the little green chicklet lookin ones.
Lifes to short for cheap beer

bassmasta17

will that work i dont know what the farrad conversions are. i know i saw them thier so they have them. would i use 0.01uf for 100nF? then .1 uf for 10nF?
i play bass.
www.freekbass.com

bassmasta17

i think i have something. i found this today its in good shape (looks new).
its like the green chicklet. on it it says 473K100V
what is it and what does it do. i think it is a capacitor but its sloghtly off.
i play bass.
www.freekbass.com

bassmasta17

in the picture on the first page, is R5 a pot??
also is their only one pot in this picture?
i play bass.
www.freekbass.com

bassmasta17

if im right then the only pot is a volume right?
i play bass.
www.freekbass.com

ItZaLLgOOd

0.1uf = 100n  0.01uf = 10n               

473K100V  should be 0.047uf, don't quote me on this one.

R5 in the vero layout is not a pot.  The vero doesn't show the pot but tells you where to connect it.

There is only one pot,  the volume pot / 100k audio / at the end of the circuit.
Lifes to short for cheap beer

bassmasta17

thanks alot. i should be building it this week. i will try to post the pics and audio here.
i play bass.
www.freekbass.com

bassmasta17

can i use a micropot for the pot? thats the only 100k pot i can find now. i think i will call it the screw driver and use a screwdriver to adjust the volume.
i play bass.
www.freekbass.com

oskar

Good idea namewise but not electronically... trimpots are set and forget things. They break rather quick if you use them as pot's.

bassmasta17

thats what  i thought but if its just a volume i will problbly just set and forget it. im not one to change my settings once i have a good sound.

also if any one could make a picture using the DIYLC or what ever it is called using perfboard that would be sweet. im trying to make it tomorrow (or just the end of time RIP JIMI) or maybe thanksgiving morning. Also is their anyway to add a status light using a DPDT swicth?
also i will add a STDP swicth to turn on and off the power.
i play bass.
www.freekbass.com

bassmasta17

i have some old diodes. does anyone know how to tell if they are GE or SI and or if i can use them for this project?
also how can i find out what value a pot is? the value is covered up.
i play bass.
www.freekbass.com

Ben N

If the diodes look like they are made of glass, they are probably Ge. If they are black with a band at one end, they are silicon, and should have the part number stamped on them. Whatever they are they should work for this, but different kinds sound different. One oftern sockets stuff like that (and ICs, and transistors, and some caps...) so you can swap different parts in and out and figure out what you like best.
  • SUPPORTER

bassmasta17

thanks for the info. i think they are GE. now im excited! i think that i will wire a swicth to have them change from SI to GE. also if any one could make a DIYLC picture of this on perfboard it would be sweet.
i play bass.
www.freekbass.com

bassmasta17

ok if i was to make this on perfboard i would lay it out like this then just conect all the prongs to each other along the row. but i would skip the cut marks...right?
i play bass.
www.freekbass.com

oskar

bassmasta17

nice im almost not a noob anymore!!!
i play bass.
www.freekbass.com

bassmasta17

does any one know how one would wire in a led light into this with out a 3pdt swicth?
i play bass.
www.freekbass.com