The Production Line - Tips and Ideas Inside

Started by Paul Marossy, November 25, 2008, 02:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Paul Marossy

Huh, the pictures all show up fine for me (and apparently others that replied to this post). I'm using Internet Explorer, what are you guys using that can't see the pictures?

andrew_k

Quote from: Paul Marossy on November 25, 2008, 05:25:39 PM
Quote from: Cardboard Tube Samurai on November 25, 2008, 04:24:40 PM
Are there supposed to be pictures in that first post!?!?  ???

Yes. Are you not seeing any?

Cardboard Tube Samurai, like me, is in Australia and you're still blocking our entire country form your website  :'(

Paul Marossy

Quote from: andrew_k on November 25, 2008, 10:15:30 PM

Cardboard Tube Samurai, like me, is in Australia and you're still blocking our entire country form your website  :'(

Oh... that explains a few things. What's your IP address?

bluesdevil

Excellent, Paul!! Very cool to see how you've come up with ways to make things faster and easier for yourself. I'm sure everybody who sees this will be inspired by your ideas somehow. :icon_smile:
"I like the box caps because when I'm done populating the board it looks like a little city....and I'm the Mayor!" - armdnrdy

any

Quote from: Paul Marossy on November 25, 2008, 10:17:14 PM
Quote from: andrew_k on November 25, 2008, 10:15:30 PM

Oh... that explains a few things. What's your IP address?

Hi Paul,
New Zealand is the same thing, "403 forbidden"... my IP is: 121.73.14.23
Cheers,
Any
It's supposed to sound that way.

Paul Marossy

Sorry, I was getting A LOT of spam from the 121 IP address range. Can't unban that one, don't need the headache. Blame it on the Chinese.

any

If you can't see it just go through an online proxy.

for instance: http://www.zend2.com/

copy and paste the topic url, and...presto!

Nice work btw Paul that'll come in handy to get my 10 pedals out before Xmas!

Cheers,
It's supposed to sound that way.

Paul Marossy

Unbeliever

Quote from: Paul Marossy on November 26, 2008, 10:10:12 AM
Sorry, I was getting A LOT of spam from the 121 IP address range. Can't unban that one, don't need the headache. Blame it on the Chinese.

You've blocked 121.*.*.*? If so, there are better ways to do it:
http://www.parkansky.com/china.htm

I'm on 121 something myself, but won't futz around with proxies to view the information - sorry.

Paul Marossy

Thanks for the info, I'll have to look into that. The reason all of these IP addresses are blocked is because they all love to spam my forum, and I don't have time to screw around with their BS.

puretube

npx

Thanks for the proxy link, any!

Really handy stuff Paul, great post!

Paul Marossy

I'm a funny guy, efficiency is a big thing with me. Almost to a fault...  :icon_redface:

Here's a tool holder that I have been using for about five years now. Used to be some kind of pencil holder thing for a drafting table, also works great for holding screwdrivers, clippers, needle nose pliers, etc.

flo

My IP starts with 192. (in the Netherlands) and I can't see the picts...  :(

Ok, I just tried the online proxy and that works just beautifully! Via the online proxy I can see the picts.  :)

Paul Marossy

Sorry for the inconvenience guys, but I hate spammers with a passion!  :icon_confused:

Unbeliever

It's not possible to block email traffic from offending IP addresses, and leave http requests alone?

Paul Marossy

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 27, 2008, 07:53:25 PM
It's not possible to block email traffic from offending IP addresses, and leave http requests alone?

The problem is the spammers spamming my forum. Even though I have a spambot mod in place, they create new accounts and then I have to delete them, ban their email address and/or IP address and maybe a user name if it's one that keeps reoccuring. After while, I got tired of doing all that baloney and banned the whole IP address range(s) where these spams are originating from.

Like I said before, I only have so much time in a day and for sure ain't going to waste my time dealing with spammers. Maybe if I was more of a computer nerd, I could figure out a better way to do things...

bumblebee

cool jigs.
Its pretty easy to work out who you're building for BTW, I wont say online though cause you mspainted it out for a reason I gather.

Paul Marossy

Quote from: bumblebee on November 27, 2008, 09:33:35 PM
cool jigs.
Its pretty easy to work out who you're building for BTW, I wont say online though cause you mspainted it out for a reason I gather.

Yes, I didn't want any squabbling over it, so I prefer to keep it anonymous.  :icon_wink: