Vox Clyde Mccoy clone halo inductor and ICAR pot selection

Started by FuzzFace_EXP, September 15, 2010, 01:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FuzzFace_EXP

The title says it all pretty much. I'm building a clyde mccoy cole and wanted to know what halo inductor and what ICAR pot you guys would recommend. Any help would awsome! Thanks.

zombiwoof

Quote from: FuzzFace_EXP on September 15, 2010, 01:44:33 PM
The title says it all pretty much. I'm building a clyde mccoy cole and wanted to know what halo inductor and what ICAR pot you guys would recommend. Any help would awsome! Thanks.

I would suggest either the Whipple or Area 51 pot and inductor, both are very good and the pots are both made by CTS and good quality.  The Whipple sells through their website or on his Ebay site, you can do a net search to find it.

Al

tubelectron

Hello,

zombiwoof is right about the wipple : it's a tight tolerance, high-quality made inductor. I experimented it with success in my DIY "vintage wah", built in an used JH1 Dunlop Hendrix wah, as shown on the pictures below :

The Red Fasel should be able to work properly too, as it is used in the new JH-1B Hendrix Signature Wah, which I found good "vintage" sounding. But, in fact, many transformers or inductors coming from PA, audio or indusrial sources would sometimes work amazingly, like this small military audio transformer in my Solasound swell-to-wah conversion below :

A+!
I apologize for my approximative english writing and understanding !
http://guilhemamplification.jimdofree.com/

FuzzFace_EXP

Hey guys thanks for the great responses!! :icon_biggrin: I found an inductor made by arteffect. Anyone know if its any good? here's the link http://www.art-tone.com/categoryById.asp?id=15

Thanks the help!!

bob barcus

Quote from: tubelectron on September 15, 2010, 04:15:05 PM
Hello,

zombiwoof is right about the wipple : it's a tight tolerance, high-quality made inductor. I experimented it with success in my DIY "vintage wah", built in an used JH1 Dunlop Hendrix wah, as shown on the pictures below :

The Red Fasel should be able to work properly too, as it is used in the new JH-1B Hendrix Signature Wah, which I found good "vintage" sounding. But, in fact, many transformers or inductors coming from PA, audio or indusrial sources would sometimes work amazingly, like this small military audio transformer in my Solasound swell-to-wah conversion below :

A+!

Those are really cool.what is that big cab I have never seen a wha like that

tubelectron

Hi bob barcus,

QuoteThose are really cool.what is that big cab I have never seen a wha like that

The 1st one is a common used Dunlop housing, the 2nd is a used 1977 Sola Sound (England) Swell Pedal, which I DIYed to wah. These boxes are way superior to Dunlop's for wah project, but are rather scarce to find cheap, unfortunately.

FuzzFace_EXP : I didn't tried the arteffect, as I found cheaper alternatives. I think - but I may be wrong - that these are not better than the models zombiwoof and I have spoke about.

A+!
I apologize for my approximative english writing and understanding !
http://guilhemamplification.jimdofree.com/