Barber Electronics says happy holidays with a circuit!

Started by David Barber, December 18, 2008, 08:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoxOfSnoo

The image in the last post has been updated, I had the wrong orientation for one of my electrolytics.

I built it, but it's quite quiet, and the drive knob doesn't do anything - it's like max drive all the time.  Does the latter problem ring any bells to anyone?
My Dropbox referral link - bonus 250MB of space for both of us if you use it

KrazyKarl

Quote from: BoxOfSnoo on August 24, 2010, 10:11:18 AM
The image in the last post has been updated, I had the wrong orientation for one of my electrolytics.

I built it, but it's quite quiet, and the drive knob doesn't do anything - it's like max drive all the time.  Does the latter problem ring any bells to anyone?

Sounds like you may have accidentally built the Zakk Wylde version...

BoxOfSnoo

Ok I found a small but significant bug in that layout... here's the updated version.  Which WORKS!  :icon_mrgreen:

I don't know how to edit the last one, so I may have to just delete the source image... I'll leave it up for the moment so others can learn from my mistake.

bean

Here's the most recent PCB version I did...in case anyone needs it:

Silverfox ver.3

BoxOfSnoo

Quote from: bean on September 15, 2010, 11:16:18 PM
Here's the most recent PCB version I did...in case anyone needs it:

Silverfox ver.3

Heh I'm almost glad I didn't see this until now.  That would have killed me to have a huge revision just as I was debugging the last one.

I replaced the 150k tone resistor with a 47k and the tone control is very nice now.  I couldn't hear the 150k at all for some reason.

The only issue I'm having now is squealing/oscillation when the output is turned up to about 3:00 (way past unity).  Otherwise, this is a SUPERB overdrive!