"Funky MF (Multimode Filter)" - LM13700 Multimode Envelope Filter

Started by frequencycentral, December 25, 2008, 04:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Hammer

Thanks for chiming in, Rick.  I'll unsolder the 324, socket the space, see if it behaves any better with an 084, and report back when done.

Mark Hammer

Well, I tried a few different quads: a TL084, a TL054, an LM348, and a an MC3403.  The 3403 was the best-behaved of the lot.

I should add, better than the LM324.

avandelay

The "volume" opamp and pot seem to only add gain.  I would like to eliminate the gain.  Can I eliminate that whole opamp or does it serve another purpose and should I just bridge across where the pot is located?  I'd experiment but it's already soldered up.  Thanks for any advice.

Jeff

Mark Hammer

Pulled it out again today to take another stab, as I slowly work my way through the bin of things that came close to working but not close enough to box up.

Yup, bi-fet quads don't work at all.  I used my last 3403 for an OD-1 clone so I can't reproduce what it did, but a second stab at using different Bi-Fets was unsuccessful.  Put the 324 back in the socket, and it worked again but has the same issue, namely that there is a very pronounced thunk at the onset of each sweep.  Additionally, if the resonance is set higher, it will "lock up" and emit a high-pitched oscillation that won't stop until I turn the sensitivity/Range control was turn way down.  Perhaps that can provide some clues as to what is causing the misbehaviour.  Could the 220k/100k pair providing a bias/offset to the control current be a possible solution?

rankot

Schematic in the first post seems to be dead. Anyone can repost?
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

Mark Hammer

Here's what I'm working from.  Note that one stage shown as assigned to the TL062 is actually assigned to the LM324, and vice versa.