EH Polychorus +vol drop/ Help needed

Started by OG, September 23, 2003, 08:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OG

Hi,
I'm a newbee in this forum - but pedal crazy since years...- and hope to get some help for this:

I own a EH Polychorus i bought second hand years ago,( it's an old one,not the reissue). The sound is superb (real Police - Belew in a box, at least for the sound...) BUT there is a very annoying problem : there is a
signal - volume drop/loss as soon as you go through the pedal - even with the effect switched of- making it only usable in some studio situation but certainly not in my usual "pedal chain" before the amp . I live in Belgium so it is nearly impossible to have it fixed without
indications (I've sent a mail with the same request to Howard Davis, as he seems to be the man behind it, but he only offered me to send it to him to USA, to have a look at it and eventually fix it..., not really helpfull nor     practical from here... :?) I have a basic knowledge in electronics and friends much more capable ...
If it can help, there are two indications labeled on the print side of
the board : EH 7700 E and     TCI - A4H - 94 HB.
I would be really gratefull if you could help and  I thank you very much in advance. Greetings from Belgium.
Olivier.
Ps :- i've search the web but haven't found any polychorus schematic yet.
    -Aron, congratulations and many thanks to share your passion with the rest of the world