New Amplifier Design - "Murder One" - Submini Pentode, Low Voltage

Started by frequencycentral, January 05, 2009, 03:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNblueshawk

Hey C3. I just happened to click into this. Rather than go off my memory exactly let me get home and look at my wiring. I did use a CLR in series with the LED for sure. Trying to remember the rest though. It was a DPDT of course and I just wired middle and end lugs leaving one end empty.

I'll post up tonight.

TNblueshawk

Hey C3 here is the deal.

DPDT

Top row of lugs
Left lug: wire to 12v pad on PCB   
Right lug: CLR/LED pos leg of LED

Middle row of lugs
Left lug: Just jumper to the right lug
Right lug: run wire to 9v on DC jack

Bottom row of lugs: leave both empty.

One thing however. I think I put this in this thread, and not the one at Circuitworkshop. The only problem I have with my build is I get an intermittent signal. So I'll be playing and then the signal goes out...then it come back...then it goes out etc... I tried some quick troublshooting but can't find that issue. Whether or not it is tied into me wiring this DPDT wrong I don't know as I think it is correct. But, just an fyi.

tom42107

Hello group. Just wanted to say hey and post a pic of my nearly completed "Murder One" amp. Here it is right before I put in the tubes. (Not sure about those knobs yet :)).

I'll post after I fire it up. Thanks (Frequency Central), for such a cool little amp.

TNblueshawk

That thing is so cute I could hug it   :icon_lol:

I love the knobs actually.

Any gut shots?

tom42107

Here's a few more picts. Not the prettiest inside but if I ever make another I'll know just what to do. Gonna fire it up this weekend, (just slammed at work).

tom42107

TNblueshawk

Specifically Hermitage, about a 15 minute drive east from Nashville.

tom42107

I'm in Knoxville. The reason I ask is because I was thinking of starting a DIY audio club. I think it would be a great way to learn more about all this stuff we love to build.

Tom

Maik

On V7-how can I use both signals. My idea is: preamp to my Line6 X3L for fx and the signal from the transformer to a speaker. Cheap 3-way amping  ;D

frequencycentral

Quote from: Maik on August 25, 2012, 06:49:17 AM
On V7-how can I use both signals. My idea is: preamp to my Line6 X3L for fx and the signal from the transformer to a speaker. Cheap 3-way amping  ;D

Take a pre out from one of the lugs of the volume pot, lug 2 if you want the volume to attenuate the pre out, or lug 3 if you don't.
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

Maik

gretsch61

Hi,

HELP NEEDED!  ;D

I was wondering what kind of Indicatorlight (LED???) is used and where it would be connected.

cheers,

gretsch61

frequencycentral

Power/LED:

12V from DC socket >>> SPDT lug 2

SPDT lug 3 >>> LED (via 1K resistor) and PCB

gretsch61

Thx for your quick reply, Rick!

What is the the actual size of the PCB and the enclosure now with Version 7?

cheers & greetz from germany!

steve

gretsch61

Quote from: frequencycentral on August 26, 2012, 11:18:05 AM
Power/LED:

12V from DC socket >>> SPDT lug 2

SPDT lug 3 >>> LED (via 1K resistor) and PCB

...where should I connect the LED on the PCB?

Maik

Hey Steve
einfach auf 12V+, wie bei jeder Stompbox.

edit ok, ignorieren. Wenn´s Rick sagt...

frequencycentral

Quote from: gretsch61 on August 26, 2012, 12:14:42 PM

Nowhere.

Connect LED anode to SPDT lug 3 (via 1K resistor), connect LED cathode to DC socket ground.

Connect PCB +ve input to SPDT lug 3, connect PCB ground to DC socket ground.

gretsch61

Quote from: frequencycentral on August 26, 2012, 12:58:00 PM
Quote from: gretsch61 on August 26, 2012, 12:14:42 PM

Nowhere.

Connect LED anode to SPDT lug 3 (via 1K resistor), connect LED cathode to DC socket ground.

Connect PCB +ve input to SPDT lug 3, connect PCB ground to DC socket ground.

Hi Rick,

is there a SPDT that you would recommend for this? Also, what kind of Switch do you use for the S1 in the switched preamp mode?
Would it be something like this:

Would you be able to point out, where the "+ pin" of the Caps would go on the PCB Layout?

The CAPS: C2, C4, C6, C8, C10, C12, C15, C16 and C19 the "- pin" will connect to the "GND"
But how about CAPS: C1, C3, C5, C7, C9, C11, C13 and C14?  Where does the "+ pin" connect to?

Maybe there is a schematic for your Murder One V7

many thx and cheers,
Steve

U-P-D-A-T-E:

Ok, I have figured out the polarity of Caps C1 to C12 and C15,C16,C19
The only ones missing are the 0.1uF Caps do they need to be soldered
with a special polarity or is the polarity of these Caps of no importance?

gretsch61

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering wether it would be possible to change the two tubes (5672 Submini Pentode and 6111 Dual Triode) for some tubes that would use a "normal" tube-socket. If so, which ones would I be able to use (without loosing functionality)?
I have found something like this for the 5672 Pentode http://www.conrad.de/ce/de/product/157385/Roehre-Elektronenroehre-5672-DL-652-Pole-5-Sockel-Subminiatur-Beschreibung-Subminiatur-Pentode

Would there be something like this for the 6111 Dual Triode too?

cheers & thx,

gretsch61