So I bought the new openstomp open source pedal...

Started by wampcat1, January 11, 2009, 09:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wampcat1

good and bad reactions... overall, I'd say if you are the average DIY'er it is probably going to give you alot to work with... the average guitar player is going to think that it's pretty average at best...
here's a critique I left on the forum:
http://www.openstomp.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=64

I may go ahead and do a youtube demo for fun if I get a minute...
bw

oskar

Wow. It looks like one of those things you don't really buy but more like adopt, name and tuck in for the night.
The recommended reading and recommended tools section in the manual says it all. Your in for a bumpy ride... with some hard core programming but dont pannic (just yet), it just could be the thing for you.
I dont know how much help the graphic editor is. I'll try and throw a patch together if I can figure out how... the graphic editor isn't available for download apparently.

oskar

I'm looking forward to some samples. I searched the openstomp site and they have a gallery showing pics of everything from sinewaves generated by it to the UPC lady handling the first shipment and... One puny sample? That's it. A nice chorus sample but no tweeking of knobs at all.   :(    Come on! It's a stompbox...

KorovaMilkBar

wow. i thought building analog pedals was hard... theres no way i have the time to get into digital programming. definitely not my thing i guess.