your favorite volume pot in fuzzface

Started by Mich P, January 14, 2009, 08:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mich P

Hello !!
I actually rebuild my axis face from fuzzcentral.
Just for curiosity what is your favorite value volume pot
in your fuzzface.
Thanks,
Mich P.

petemoore

Convention creates following, following creates convention.

newfish

Happiness is a warm etchant bath.

petemoore

The gain pot on the guitar is the one that gets' overlooked...
  And has a lot to do with what I like about a FF that gain controls at the guitar.
  A whole different subject.
  Much more interesting than typing about 50k, 500k and 1M FF VC pots.
  Bypass the signal lugs of big pot, the one that needs a treble bleed cap there.
  Diddle with the 330/470/1k resistor to compensate for 10k VC pot low output.
  Discuss output impedance...ughhh
  Or use 100K A.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Easywider

bluesdevil

When I experimented with my germanium Fuzz Face build I settled for 250K. To my ears the original 500k is too dark and I found 100k a bit too bright going into my Fender amp.... I like it in between.
"I like the box caps because when I'm done populating the board it looks like a little city....and I'm the Mayor!" - armdnrdy

yeeshkul

hmmm, i would expect that when the volume is full blast on, then 500k will be the brightest one  ???

I removed volume on my FF completely for the reasons Pete said, then i added a volume-kick switch (two different collector resistors 1k res/5ktrimmer) and put 100k back.

Mich P

Ok that's give me some ideas
Thanks for your comments.
Mich P.

bumblebee

kurtlives

100K(A)

I like a 1K(C) pot for the fuzz control.
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

Focalized

I've made many. I use 500KC, reverse audio. I like it kind of dark. A regular Fuzz Face with a normal audio pot brightens up at the last 10% of turn it seems. The reverse makes that range larger.

kierc

I had a 500KC, but I found that it boosted the volume and alot of the noise up a ton, so now I'm using a 250KA, seems alot better  :)