Hand Painted Enclosures...Lets see 'em !

Started by Captainobvious99, February 05, 2009, 03:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captainobvious99

Since I'm planning on doing some myself, I'd love to see whats out there already.

Hand painted enlcourse only. No stickers or printed graphics please[, no solid colors/b].

I like those original, one off's  ;)

Ready

Set

GO

aChorusofJays

Probably not quite what you meant, but this is handpainted acrylic. I painted a layer of red, let that set, then painted a layer of black over the top. Then I ran the tap over it.

cpnyc23

"I've traveled the world and never seen a statue of a critic."    -  Leonard Bernstein

Cliff Schecht

A friend painted this for me. I also got it signed by Jerry Donahue :D. It's an Orange Squeezer.

GREEN FUZ

Those are some beautiful examples. I love the fact that none of the controls have names but before you even posted, this is the one that popped into my head after reading the OP.
Quote from: xshredx on February 05, 2009, 05:43:26 PM

I remember it from a couple of years ago on the pictures thread and really loved it. Very inspiring.

jayp5150

Dang, guys... very nice stuff.

My wife paints all of mine; she's into abstract stuff.

cpnyc23

when you guys hand paint, do you prime first?

-chris
"I've traveled the world and never seen a statue of a critic."    -  Leonard Bernstein

Captainobvious99

:o

Some awesome stuff so far guys. Really great artwork!

Also, how about a sentence or two about how you are going about prepping/painting/finishing the enclosures.

KEEP EM COMING!

Renegadrian

Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

davent

There's some great stuff here that I've never seen before!!!

I'm a talentless owner of an airbrush so i have to rely on masking and cutting out stencils in order to hand paint. I also usually add decals for control labelling but have done a couple boxes with only paint.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Slade

Quote from: Cliff Schecht on February 05, 2009, 06:13:27 PM
A friend painted this for me. I also got it signed by Jerry Donahue :D. It's an Orange Squeezer.

Really nice work!
What kind of paint did your friend use for this one?

andrew_k

Cliff Schecht

Quote from: Slade on February 06, 2009, 01:55:20 AM
Quote from: Cliff Schecht on February 05, 2009, 06:13:27 PM

Really nice work!
What kind of paint did your friend use for this one?

Acrylic.

railhead

m-theory

Really nice work, guy!  I wish I had an ounce of skills in that regard.  I can do some dog and pony tricks with paints, but only in techniques.  These are really stunning.

daverdave

Cliff Schecht

I must say that some of the pedals in this thread look fantastic! Kudos to the A/DA flanger, Railhead's stuff, and that last box Dave posted (this one looks the best IMO).

mikemaddux

Completed Builds: A lot...

Zen