Small question about a DC Jack

Started by SanderNijland, February 08, 2009, 08:37:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SanderNijland

Hi Guys,

So, i had my first stompboxe experience today, and i really enjoyed it. Untill i found out i ordered a wrong DC part, big fail  :icon_razz: So i tried to wire it different, but unfortunantly it didnt worked as planned.  So my question is, how do i wire up the jack that i ordered, so it works the same as the normal one?

tempus

Can you give us more information? Why is this the wrong part? What didn't work? Basically all you need to do is make sure that the lug on the jack that contacts the + contact on the plug is connected to the + side of your circuit. The only other thing that I can think of is that the jack may be switched and you've got things miswired there.

SanderNijland

Well, what i mean is, how do i need to wire it up. The part doesn't tell me whats the + side ore anything.

mth5044

It looks like it should be the same as the bottom picture. The one with the big metal part sticking into the back would probably be the -battery-board, the one in the middle +battery and the one on the bottom (relative to the picture) would be +board.

Hope that works  :)

SanderNijland

Got it working. Thanks mth5044. Finished a LPB2 booster, sounds great, nice fat littlebit gainy sound. Up to the next build! :)