Assist PedalPCB Sun Flower (Sun Face clone)

Started by zachlovescoffee, October 12, 2021, 05:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zachlovescoffee

Howdy!

I'm putting together this PedalPCB fuzz pedal that is a clone of the Sun Face (https://www.pedalpcb.com/product/sunflower/). I'm confused with how to hook up the Fuzz, Volume and Sun dial potentiometers. There are three holes for each to hook up to and my pots definitely have three legs (not PCB board types). I'm not quite certain which legs go to which holes on the Sun Flower PCB.

I see on the schematic a [1,2,3] designation near each potentiometer in the circuit but I'm not super great at reading schems and I'm not certain which legs correspond to 1 vs 2 vs 3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.pedalpcb.com/docs/Sunflower.pdf

MikeA

• SUPPORTER

zachlovescoffee

Quote from: MikeA on October 12, 2021, 08:40:03 PM
Here you go!

That's super helpful. Thank you! Any advice on how to hook up the leg of the pots? My intuition tells me to try and match up the legs with the numbers on the schematic and compare to the traces to see where they might fit in. Dots that seem like the right approach? I can provide a good picture tomorrow if it might help.

idy

Your PCB has three little holes for each pot. One of these holes is square for each pot. By convention, that is where pot leg #1 goes. Now you can probably guess which holes are #2 and #3!

When you look at a pot from the front, the way it looks to a pedal user, when it is at "minimum" or counter clockwise, the middle leg (#2, the wiper) is touching #1. On a volume knob, #1 is usually ground. Number 3, clockwise or "max" is what your signal is going to.

zachlovescoffee

Quote from: idy on October 12, 2021, 11:07:31 PM
Your PCB has three little holes for each pot. One of these holes is square for each pot. By convention, that is where pot leg #1 goes. Now you can probably guess which holes are #2 and #3!

When you look at a pot from the front, the way it looks to a pedal user, when it is at "minimum" or counter clockwise, the middle leg (#2, the wiper) is touching #1. On a volume knob, #1 is usually ground. Number 3, clockwise or "max" is what your signal is going to.

Oh damn. Clearly I was overthinking this. I started piecing some of that together (1 to ground) by looking at the schematic but the whole PCB thing got me off kilter. I kind of assumed that since it's a pcb maybe they aren't in perfect order. Though, now that I think about that it's even more asinine. The whole point of pcb mounted pots would be useless then! Clearly, overthinking it.

Thanks all!