Author Topic: NPN Boost Vero layout  (Read 29893 times)

cab42

Re: NPN Boost Vero layout
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2009, 03:36:42 PM »

A few days ago my I finally had to let my NPN Boost go. It was inrepearable due to the original crappy soldering and continous modding. The board was a mess of solder, burns and lifted pads.

I felt quite strongly for it as it was my first build when I joined the forum five years ago.

But I was able to desolder all the parts and reuse them on Dans vero layout, so now its back in action and still containing all the mojo from the original build.

Thanks to Dan for an easy build compact layout and to Aron for running this great forum!

Regards

Carsten
  • SUPPORTER

aron

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2009, 04:47:38 PM »
Cool! I still have my first beginner project! I put it in a Radio Shack plastic box.

Hupla

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2009, 05:40:57 PM »
Cool! I still have my first beginner project! I put it in a Radio Shack plastic box.

Cool. what was it?
Completed builds: BSIAB2
Pedals to build: Dr.Boogey, TS-808

aron

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2009, 06:21:54 PM »
It was the Electra Distortion from Justin Philpott's site. It was quite a rush to get it working.

rousejeremy

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2009, 12:26:21 AM »
Do you mind if I ask what year that was?
It was the Electra Distortion from Justin Philpott's site. It was quite a rush to get it working.
Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

aron

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2009, 05:52:14 AM »
I think it was around 1997???? or 98????

cab42

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2009, 02:56:19 PM »
I think it was around 1997???? or 98????

It was about the same time I made my first attempt on guitar electronics. However, living in Greenland at that time, I didn't have much access to the internet (Greenland got its first internet connection in 1996 and the whole of Greenland only had a 250k highly unstable satellite link), so I really did'nt get anywhere except for a headphone amp from an old danish electronics magazine. I remember finding R.G.s and Jamie Heilmans sites, when i finally got internet in 97, but it wasn't until 2004, back in Denmark when I found this  forum via GGG that I started building.

Regards

Carsten
  • SUPPORTER

aron

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2009, 02:50:21 AM »
Sounds like we started around the same time. :-)

1tczx

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2009, 09:27:26 PM »
hey guys noob here, trying this out as my first project.
however, i was wondering how does the currrent knows where to flow next in my PCB?left to right? if its guided thru wire like in a schematic i understand but in a pcb?
allittle help here thx
im using this pcb
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 09:34:29 PM by 1tczx »

Hupla

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2009, 08:15:37 AM »
hey guys noob here, trying this out as my first project.
however, i was wondering how does the currrent knows where to flow next in my PCB?left to right? if its guided thru wire like in a schematic i understand but in a pcb?
allittle help here thx
im using this pcb

This isnt a PCB its a vero layout. And Just like in bouth a Vero and a PCB the current follows the copper tracks that are down and the wires you use.

On vero all the copper tracks go in the same direction so you have to use wires and cut the tracks to get the layout you want. IMO its the most user friendly.

1tczx

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2009, 10:21:37 PM »
sry i do not get wad u mean. care to explain in simpler terms? does that mean the board is used just to hold the components thats all? wires can be used to complete circuit too?

Hupla

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2009, 03:27:43 PM »
sry i do not get wad u mean. care to explain in simpler terms? does that mean the board is used just to hold the components thats all? wires can be used to complete circuit too?

sorry. On a vero board it has copper tracks running all the one way. You can then use this to make a circuit by using the copper tracks to connect the components you want and using wires to connect each track to another track or usin components ie. resistors. Do you understand? :)

A PCB is designed on a computer or just by using a pen. and then copper tracks of that design are etched on to a board and then all you have to do is solder the components in.

1tczx

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2009, 08:32:59 PM »
then can i use this??
is this a pcb or vero?
how do i etch my circuit lines onto this if its a pcb?

aron

aftguitar94

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2009, 08:44:28 PM »
Hey guys, I'm building this pedal this weekend and I was wondering what the red dots in the little squares were in the layout. Sorry if thats a dumb question, but I wanna do this right.  :icon_lol: Thanks

pazuzu

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2009, 08:46:34 PM »
those are trace cuts. cut the copper so there is a break in the conductivity.

aftguitar94

« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2009, 08:54:50 PM »
what should I use to cut it?

pazuzu

« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2009, 09:01:36 PM »
i have never used vero board, but i would imagine an xacto knife would be suitable.

aftguitar94

« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2009, 09:08:57 PM »
Ok great, thanks!

The French connection

I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/