arion flanger re-housing

Started by 1878, March 08, 2009, 03:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello Everyone...

I ventured into the loft yesterday and found one of the first pedals I ever bought, the Arion SFL-1 Stereo Flanger. It lived up there because the depth pot had broken and was working intermittently. I plugged it in, and was pleasantly surprised at the sound !! I need to replace the depth pot, so I thought, 'Why not re-house it while I'm at it.'. It's quite a large board (it's just too big for the Hammond 1590BB) so I'm thinking a Mick Farlow A/DA Flanger style masterpiece. I've e-mailed Mick, but he hasn't got back in touch yet.

I want to make a really good job of this 'cos the feeling of nostalgia I felt when plugging into it was, quite frankly, overwhelming !! It was the pedal that made me realise I was gonna use effects at a time when peeps where shying away from that type of thing. I know the SFL-1 may not be everyone's ideal piece of kit, but it's part of my childhood and I want to show it some respect. Especially when I consider the amount of fun I've had via the 'music business' which this pedal, in part, helped me get into in some small way.

Any suggestions on making this project work will be greatly appreciated. From what I can understand, Mick Farlow doesn't make too many enclosures, so I may have to settle for something else. I'm also thinking of adding a volume control, 'cos there's a boost when the pedal is engaged which is quite noticeable when you switch the effect off.

Thanks in advance.