parallel universe help!!!!

Started by Br4d13y, April 12, 2009, 12:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Br4d13y

i recently decided to try dragonflys layout on vero for the parallel universe. it has sound when bypassed, but when engaged no sound. grounds are good and all pot and board connections are solid. anybody had these problems? can anyone help me fix this!!!! thanks
freedom is the freedom to say 2+2=4

Which layout did you use ?? Was it this one ??

http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/DRAGONFLY-LAYOUTS_0/album18/album144/PARALLEL_UNIVERSE.jpg.html

I used this layout but built it on perfboard, and I made some VERY stupid mistakes along the way. Make sure your 386 is the orientated the correct way. I socketed mine (thankfully) 'cos that was one of the mistakes I made !!

Br4d13y

ya, thats the one, and mine was socketed too,   is it drawn upside down????

I don't think so. It was just me being a dope !!

Check the caps are properly orientated too. Luckily, there aren't too many parts so it's pretty easy to de-bug. Another problem could be the oscillate and gate switches, 'cos they can quite easily burn out with too much heat. Try all the stupid things first. Without wanting to treat you like a soft-lad, are the input and output jacks wired correctly ?? I've made that mistake before today !! I've never used vero so I'll only repeat what others say about, 'make sure all track cuts are clean etc etc..'.

I know impatience often get's the better of me, but at times like these it normally makes a world of difference by leaving it on the bench and sleeping on it. This is a great little effect well worth building !!

Keep at it  ;D

Br4d13y

Got it!!!!  at the end of the board one little string of solder was connecting two traces :icon_mrgreen: sounds great  i will post pics in the pictures thread in a while :icon_mrgreen:

Nice one  ;D

I replaced the oscillate switch with a footswitch and LED. The reason being, if the oscillate switch is on whilst the effect is in bypass, you'll get a faint but noticable oscillating noise coming through. Just a thought for when you want to put it in an enclosure.

Ah !! I see you added a footswitch !! Just seen the pictures thread  ;)

Br4d13y

my oscillating noise is pretty noticable, close to that of my signal level ??? ??? ???    any solutions?