Kobiconn Snap-In 2.1mm

Started by bean, November 26, 2010, 12:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Lyons

Just to clarify. No battery option with this one.
DC jack only as there is no switch.
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

chi_boy

And how would you go about making the D shaped hole?
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." — Admiral Hyman G. Rickover - 1900-1986

The Leftover PCB Page

John Lyons

You don't have a D shaped drill bit?  ;D
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

bean

dedguy

They're special order, you can find them on the internet. Usually at the places that sell parts for Burst Boxes !!!!!!! :icon_twisted:

Guitartoma

I really like those jacks. They work great for small box projects or for bypass strips that are going to be used on a powered board anyway.
And no, you don't have to make a "D" shaped hole.
:-0

rocklander

was just looking at these on mouser, but am unsure from the description (even in the pdf :icon_redface:). are they insulated to the outside, or is it a metal housing touching the 'outer' conductor?

JKowalski

Quote from: rocklander on December 25, 2010, 04:02:32 PM
was just looking at these on mouser, but am unsure from the description (even in the pdf :icon_redface:). are they insulated to the outside, or is it a metal housing touching the 'outer' conductor?

They are insulated from the chassis. All plastic except for the contacts.

Meant for thin enclosures, like sheet metal. Don't think they work well on diecast thickness, though I haven't tried.

Skruffyhound

Looks like they would be good on 1mm thick material but 2mm doesn't seem to leave enough of the dog leg to hold them in. Again, I haven't tried them.