GGG has a new reverb kit!

Started by mth5044, May 15, 2009, 09:49:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

delaystomper

Hello friends 
First of all let apologize to mr. Jd sleep cause he's a really. Cool and nice guy and the hirmida engineer dude
who designed the generalguitargadgets.com D-verb with belton Btdr 1h reverb . I kinda pirated
the layout he posted in the ggg site and etch a pcb for myself , I just couldn't buy the kit at this time
plus I had the belton btdr1h brick longest version  in hand so I said, "why not" ?
Well the circuit works fine and it sounds clean!!!  , is just that the reverb isn't very very long as I thought it would be considering the
longest decay version of the brick. I heard that it can get very wild 

My question is : is there any mods that you guys know that I can do to increase the
level of the reverb so that I can use the full potential of the belton unit 
I would really like to hear this reverb sound a bit longer I used all the components in the layout
with exception of the BAT 46 diode , I just couldn't find it here.
Help me out here please !!!!     IMG_1084.JPG

philbinator1

Quote from: ppatchmods on May 15, 2009, 10:38:51 AM
I just ordered the kit from GGG. Anyone built it, or any reverb from the beltone yet?

I built the Newish reverb from BYOC recently, and i was disappointed...it's very springy (which i don't like...more into ambient reverb), and seems to suck tone/volume quite noticeably when its on (I have my reverb on all the time).  i even changed the LED resistor from 330 Ohms to 2K thinking that the LED was somehow sucking power from it!  I might try running it at 18V (which byoc says you can do) and see if that makes a diff.
"Hows are we's?  We's in the f*cking middle of a dinners meal!  Dats hows we am!" - Skwisgaar Skwigelf

mth5044

Quote from: delaystomper on March 06, 2010, 04:57:42 AM
Hello friends 
First of all let apologize to mr. Jd sleep cause he's a really. Cool and nice guy and the hirmida engineer dude
who designed the generalguitargadgets.com D-verb with belton Btdr 1h reverb . I kinda pirated
the layout he posted in the ggg site and etch a pcb for myself , I just couldn't buy the kit at this time
plus I had the belton btdr1h brick longest version  in hand so I said, "why not" ?
Well the circuit works fine and it sounds clean!!!  , is just that the reverb isn't very very long as I thought it would be considering the
longest decay version of the brick. I heard that it can get very wild 

My question is : is there any mods that you guys know that I can do to increase the
level of the reverb so that I can use the full potential of the belton unit 
I would really like to hear this reverb sound a bit longer I used all the components in the layout
with exception of the BAT 46 diode , I just couldn't find it here.
Help me out here please !!!!     IMG_1084.JPG

I dont think you have to appologize, I think the reason GGG hosts the ready-to-transfer board image is so people can make there own! As for expanding the reverb, maybe you could make some kind of variable feedback in the circuit?