Signal routing devices - suggestions welcome

Started by Skruffyhound, May 17, 2009, 11:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skruffyhound

Hi all,
        I have to go away from the internet for a couple of months (shock) but I can continue to build, so I'm lining up a few builds and ordering parts.

I have become interested in signal routing devices, i.e. feedback loopers, mini mixers, splitters etc.

I think I have settled on Moosapotamus's Bass Paralooper modded for guitar, although suggestions are still welcome.

The Splitter/Mixers I'm looking at are "Splitter/blend" from Runoffgroove, Andertons's "Spluffer", J.D.'s "Minimixer" at GGG,
J.D.'s "Parellelyser" at GGG and Anderton's "Eight in,one out mixer"

I would very much appreciate any feedback from anyone who has built any of these or further suggestions.

My goal,obviously, is to run parallel lines of effects (3-4 which I can blend) maintaining tone ( I have built a passive stereo mixer which is fine for some purposes but not everything) so I'm looking at active devices.
        I'm particularly interested in Delay i.e. can I run a Boss DM-2 on one line and a Digitec DL-8 on another line and diverge the delay times to create something interesting.

Thanks for your time
        Aston               

brett

Hi
ROG's splitter/blend has some nice features, including the phase switch.
have fun
Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)

frank_p

Quote from: brett on May 17, 2009, 11:48:35 PM
Hi
ROG's splitter/blend has some nice features, including the phase switch.
have fun

Do you remember "where" was the discussion when the phase switch was added ?  I would like to understand it a bit more.
Thanks.